Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown1557)
    Lol, don’t worry you haven’t gone completely wrong. It’s a bit difficult fitting everything into your budget.

The package that you linked would work if you forget about the 6x9s in it. Each one of them will take a channel, and then two would be bridged for the sub. So instead of the 6x9s you would use the component speakers. I am not keen on the T1 amp have never heard of the T1 brand or seen many reviews of it.

Looking at just the bass junkies website, it is a bit difficult for me to recommend everything to be within the £210 budget. I’ve managed to get to about £210 but that does not include a wiring kit. So with wiring kit it would be pushed to about £230.

Components wise, thinking about it again, for your budget if you want everything then the JBLs or Pioneers may be your best option. The Pioneers may be easier to fit since they got the Renault adaptors for the tweeters.

Looking at the subwoofer and enclosure prices separately, it looks like it’s not worth it to buy them individually, so I think this would do the job:

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=2467...L&source=brand

My amplifier choice would be either the one JayEm linked, or:

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=3372...d&source=brand

Now while it states its 720W max with that one, I think you would still get away with an 8AWG wiring kit:
    http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=3251...ource=category

Since it is pushing your budget a fair bit, the only option to stay within budget would be to forget about the sub for now. With a 4-channel amp, it could be easily added later on.

Also, I just noticed that your head unit has one set of RCA pre-outs. This can only be used with 2 channels of an amp, for 4 channels you normally need two sets of pre-outs. But to get around this problem you have two options. You can either use an RCA splitter to split the RCA cable to use with four channels (example linked below), or use the speaker level inputs. The speaker level inputs will take the output or the head unit’s internal amp and use that as an input.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi...ct-p-7025.html.
    BRILLIANT, does that sub thing include the sub itself or is it just an enclousure, would these also work with the system you gave me?

with that sub and amp i also want good quality sound, what 6x9 or comp speakers do you reccomend? also that cable you linked me to, is it not on bass junkies?

ReputationRep:
    Why you obsessed with bass junkies?

It's local to me, and acquaintances give REALLY bad reviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    Why you obsessed with bass junkies?

It's local to me, and acquaintances give REALLY bad reviews.
    its the only place i can get cheap gear? unless u want to go to halfords

ReputationRep:
    ok im back with new stuff!

this amp

with that i got a Stealth 12" high excustion subwoofer 800w + box

Im going to amp the renault speakers for the time being, but then im going to get some components, then maybe 6x9 later on

all this for £230 including the wires

ReputationRep:
    Is that £230 fitted? If not, you're being ripped off.

Why do you insist on using BassJunkies? Use CAD instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Is that £230 fitted? If not, you're being ripped off.

Why do you insist on using BassJunkies? Use CAD instead.
    where is that. there are no other shops near me apart frm halfords and there really really expensive, its gna cost 65 to fit

ReputationRep:
    www.caraudiodirect.com
    Its an online shop, they usually deliver next day and have an excellent reputation.

If you want to amp your current speakers, I'd buy:

You'll need two RCA splitters too, forgot to add it to the basket.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    thanks ill look into it, im gna get some components too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Apprentice)
    thanks ill look into it, im gna get some components too
    im just gonna get a 6.5 inch and a 4 inch coaxials. most likely a subwoofer and an amp later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    im just gonna get a 6.5 inch and a 4 inch coaxials. most likely a subwoofer and an amp later on.
    iv got the amp and sub at the moment, im going to amp up the renault speakers.

then the next pay day im going to get some new components, probably these or these or even these

i might even go mad and get some 6x9s :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Car Audio Direct provide excellent services, usually fast deliveries and have reasonable prices. I would definately recommend buying from them (in fact thats why the equipment was initially linked from them).

ReputationRep:
    Car Audio Direct provide excellent services, usually fast deliveries and have reasonable prices. I would definately recommend buying from them (in fact thats why the equipment was initially linked from them).
    i ordered on sunday and ive already got a tracking number which says they are VERY close, id say it will be here today.

ReputationRep:
    i was going to get these but they are the same price on bass junkies

ReputationRep:
    updated, amp and sub is sorted just need help picking the components for around £50/60

what else apart from speaker wire do i need to fit in components?

ReputationRep:
    i found out, just a speaker cable, correct me if im wrong

ReputationRep:
    why not just use coaxials? much easier to fit.

ReputationRep:
    Easier to fit maybe, but in most cars they usually end up pointing at your feet instead of your ears, so don't sound as good as having the tweeters higher up and aimed at your head.

ReputationRep:
    iv got everything sorted! well nearly! just need to get a new head unit on my next payday!

now i have to set the bass settings, i usually keep it on 0 or -1 on the head unit, i tried putting it on 8 and that was crazy!

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to reccomend me a head unit w/ ipod control? from anywhere lol

ReputationRep:
    Budget?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.