How should I clean earlobe piercing? Watch

AstroKeus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just got my earlobe pierced. I was using Claire's After Care lotion and cotton buds to try and clean it but I feel like I can't do it effectively. Would it be fine if I poured some of this solution into a small spray bottle and simply sprayed it on the piercing when cleaning it?
btchtots18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got my ears pierced ten years ago and did the exact same that you're doing with the cotton bud and solution. I've never had a problem and I even used that method when I got my helix pierced two years ago!
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can bathe your ear in a small container, like an egg cup, for 1-2 minutes if you'd prefer - this is the advice my piercer gives. I personally use a mixture of boiled water and salt on a cotton bud, which I've found works for both my lobe piercings and helix piercings. I used the Claires solution for my first lobe piercings which worked alright (This was 10+ years ago, I'm not sure if it's changed) but I got all my other piercings done in tattoo shops who just recomended salt water which I prefer.
Pu£syisgood
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wash with warm water.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, you can spray it. I've had 20+ piercings and healed the majority using sea salt solution in a spray bottle. A piercer recommended this when I had my lip pierced and I've sworn by it ever since.
FairyTail101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've used sea salt in warm water, saline spray and I prefer tea tree oil in warm water, though it does dry your skin out after a while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (78)
14.05%
1 (72)
12.97%
2 (68)
12.25%
19.64%
21.98%
19.1%

Watched Threads