marleysmum3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi. I had an interview for the CS today. There is one position up for grabs within one particular office but 17 positions available nation wide. My question is, I was told today that they were interviewing in the office I chose for the next 3 days and that 18 people were being interviewed. is it normal that 18 people would be interviewed for 1 position or do you think some of those may have been for other offices ??
alf.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by marleysmum3)
Hi. I had an interview for the CS today. There is one position up for grabs within one particular office but 17 positions available nation wide. My question is, I was told today that they were interviewing in the office I chose for the next 3 days and that 18 people were being interviewed. is it normal that 18 people would be interviewed for 1 position or do you think some of those may have been for other offices ??
I would guess 18 are being interviewed for your office position with positions nationwide being held at (or near those) offices.

Whether 18 interviews to one position is the norm or not I couldn't say, but it's reasonable seeing as most CS jobs have a lot of applications.

You did well to get to interview, how did it go?
marleysmum3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by alf.)
I would guess 18 are being interviewed for your office position with positions nationwide being held at (or near those) offices.

Whether 18 interviews to one position is the norm or not I couldn't say, but it's reasonable seeing as most CS jobs have a lot of applications.

You did well to get to interview, how did it go?
I think it went ok. Although who knows ! As there is a possibility theres 18 in the running, I have a slim chance of getting it. I did work for the council for 7 years so used some of my experiences there as examples to the behavior questions. I also worked for the civil service many years ago as a work coach under a temporary contract ( only one year ) I obviously made them aware of that. The job I went for was for an AO position in the national insurance team. I know they were interviewing from Monday until today so not sure when I'll hear.
alf.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by marleysmum3)
I think it went ok. Although who knows ! As there is a possibility theres 18 in the running, I have a slim chance of getting it. I did work for the council for 7 years so used some of my experiences there as examples to the behavior questions. I also worked for the civil service many years ago as a work coach under a temporary contract ( only one year ) I obviously made them aware of that. The job I went for was for an AO position in the national insurance team. I know they were interviewing from Monday until today so not sure when I'll hear.
You have the experience, I'm sure you did great

I applied for the work coach 1 year fixed term vacancy, how did you find it?
Was there any possibility to move to a permanent position?
marleysmum3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by alf.)
You have the experience, I'm sure you did great

I applied for the work coach 1 year fixed term vacancy, how did you find it?
Was there any possibility to move to a permanent position?
I absolutely loved the work coach position. I went in on a 3 month contract initially but ended up staying a year. Aftet that they couldn't extend it any further and I was moving out the area anyway. I think there are always opportunities for other positions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (16)
8.08%
They've been reasonable (80)
40.4%
Not feeling great... (50)
25.25%
They are TERRIBLE! (52)
26.26%

Watched Threads