Sleep Behaviour - Odd. Watch

MoonFace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got out of bed the other night and went and got in the shower in my en-suite. I shut the door and stood there for a bit then woke up, wondered what the hell I was doing and went back to bed. I'm always shouting out too, or crying from a 'sad' dream. I'll wake up with tears pouring down my face... Odd sleeping behaviour is probably a lot more common than you think!
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MoonFace)
I got out of bed the other night and went and got in the shower in my en-suite. I shut the door and stood there for a bit then woke up, wondered what the hell I was doing and went back to bed. I'm always shouting out too, or crying from a 'sad' dream. I'll wake up with tears pouring down my face... Odd sleeping behaviour is probably a lot more common than you think!
Ah I've woken up crying before, it's horrible! Makes me feel sad And then I realise that I was dreaming! I remember when I was under sedation whilst having teeth out the first thing I remember afterwards is crying and once I became aware of it I immediately stopped because I didn't remember why I'd been crying. Probably because I wasn't actually asleep, but under sedation you don't remember anything... and they were pulling my teeth out, so ouch!! :p:
Nat89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I apparently sleep talk and laugh, I also apparently don't close one of my eyes properly sometimes , and if I have a dream where I'm crying I'll waje up with tears pouring down my face, and usually take ages to stop crying, even though 1/2 the time I have no idea why I was crying in the first place!

I didn't realise quite how many people had strange sleeping behaviour!
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When we were younger, me and brother always had to share a bed when on holiday (damn cheap parents!)

Anygay, I remember multiple occasions being woken up because I'd started fighting with him in my sleep! Used to drive him nuts!

Pretty soon we got separate beds...so not all bad!

Another time I climb out of my bed (which was a bunk bed at the time) picked up all my pillows and duvets etc and walked to the other end of the house and slept on my parents floor....I woke up very confused!
Amlea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to the doctor and they told me i can't do anything about it! Though they did recommend a herbal supplement which is silly because it happens randomly anyway!
DominF
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've wandered around the house apparently, but I don't think it's a common occurrence. :P You might want to take some precautions against you blowing up the house, OP.
Sapphire_Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've snored/slept talk and now i twitch in my sleep. My bf finds it all amusing though.
I've fallen asleep with my eyes open before which scared me loads.
I've fallen asleepp without realising it then waking up afterwards in the same position.
Jemeter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As far as I know, I only tend to talk in my sleep when other people are in the room (well, I wouldn't know if I talked on a regular basis :P), most sleepovers I'll wake up and be told that I need "two pack lunches and that I'm going to be late", and I hadn't dreamt anything about that! The weird thing is too, my friend apparently sat up and agreed with me... the only trouble I have is the mocking afterwards!
Cpt.Mugwash
Report 10 years ago
I sometimes talk in my sleep, everyone should record their behaviors and post em on youtube lols imagine the sleep talk conversations
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cpt.Mugwash)
I sometimes talk in my sleep, everyone should record their behaviors and post em on youtube lols imagine the sleep talk conversations
According to my girlfriend, I have done the following:

Woke her up by exclaiming "The bean coursework! But it's illegal!"

Shook her awake at 2am to say goodnight. I don't remember doing this?

And I regularly wake myself up by sleep-talking.. The more I talk the more awake I get until I suddenly get to the point where I'm like "wtf am I saying, and why?".. then I ask my girlfriend "Have we been having a conversation?", to which she often replies "No, you've just been talking to yourself."

Oh and recently I woke my girlfriend up by doing some kind of karate hand movements, causing the quilt to shake around everywhere. She asked what I was doing, to which I replied "I'm practicing." I then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Finally, a few nights ago, I apparently exclaimed: "The curtains! They're mine!"

:rofl:
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
According to my girlfriend, I have done the following:

Woke her up by exclaiming "The bean coursework! But it's illegal!"

Shook her awake at 2am to say goodnight. I don't remember doing this?

And I regularly wake myself up by sleep-talking.. The more I talk the more awake I get until I suddenly get to the point where I'm like "wtf am I saying, and why?".. then I ask my girlfriend "Have we been having a conversation?", to which she often replies "No, you've just been talking to yourself."

Oh and recently I woke my girlfriend up by doing some kind of karate hand movements, causing the quilt to shake around everywhere. She asked what I was doing, to which I replied "I'm practicing." I then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Finally, a few nights ago, I apparently exclaimed: "The curtains! They're mine!"

:rofl:
Haha that cheered me up, I am going to rep you because I haven't repped anyone for ages
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
Haha that cheered me up, I am going to rep you because I haven't repped anyone for ages
Glad to hear it! And thank you
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Glad to hear it! And thank you
You're welcome
ellabella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i heard about a family who all sleep walked etc and it can obv be quite dangerous if you dont know what you're doing - you can fall down stairs and stuff the gas thing is VERY worrying.

anyway, i heard this family would all put trays of water by their bed as when they stepped out into water, the strange feeling would wake them up and make them realise they were sleep walking (as if you step out of bed normally onto carpet, it feel normal, if you step into water it might stop you)

if i were you i would put some measures in place to make sure you dont do anything dangerous - you never know and it would be devestating if you had an accident. i'm not sure what you could do about turning on the gas - perhaps find some way of covering up the gas knobs (e.g. something you can cover them with easily then remove when you need to use... i don't know - can you secure them by taping something over them or something? obviously something that won't cause more of a fire risk?)

also knives and anything else that could cause an accident if you weren't fully aware, make sure they are not easily reachable...

have you warned your family and asked them to help you to put these safety measures into place?
Dream_Catcher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do the same in my sleep, I have done for as long as I can remember.

I talk in my sleep:shout and scream at people who ain't there. To semi wake up and tell my boyfriend to shut up when he questions what I've said, then go back to sleep.

I've woken up a few tiimes mid-dream to find I'm hitting mid air.

I fight that much in my sleep I bring it to the real world and abuse my boyfriend. He's actually terrified of me while I'm asleep because it leads to bruises.

I've slept walked to the shop, aged 6, only to be woken by my mother who had to chase me down the road and bring me home to safety.

I've been woken up by my nana, while asleep with her in her bed, as she was choking from me strangling her in my sleep.

I've been told that I once got up from the couch walked to the other side of the living room and kissed my friend telling her I loved her, then got back on the couch.

It's become a part of my life that I have to warn people about it before I stay at thier houses.

Your case is different though, because it's dangerous due to Gas. If I were you I'd go see a doctor about it.
rachd_22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my cousins done this a few times. One time he went downstairs, made cereal and ate it in his sleep. Another time he attempted to run a bath.

My brother sleep walks occasionally too and he came in my room (which woke me up) and I had a rather strange conversation with him about him wanting his covers back (I assume he thought i'd stolen his duvet or something). I couldn't wake him up and he wouldn't go back to bed so i ended up getting up and taking him back to bed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (758)
80.3%
Leave (186)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed