Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Get this months (well technically next months ) Vogue and Elle. They both have runway reports, both of which are very good. September's Elle is going to have the rundown on shoes, bags and accessories .

Basically, it's looking like pretty much anything goes!!!! I'm planning to wear all my lovely summer dresses with thick tights and chunky shoes / shoeboots, or with boots and stripy socks. Oh and berets. I think I may have invented that 'trend' though . It does look like a great season for clothes though so exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    This fall its all about applique and embellishments/beading. Ankle boots, boned strapless dresses, goth meets femme fatale, nipped in waists, lace and leather together also silks.
    Military has changed since last year more richer bolder colours are in such as royal blue with goild piping and cherry red, ive already seen loads like this topshop already. Mix with full skirts going with a princess theme NO TIARAS! Dress down with skinnys. waistcoats and skirt suits !
    Ruffles will still be around but ore bolder and bigger, topshop are working on ruffled collars and printed ruffles not just pretty silky ruffles.
    All in all, its a real mix and match this year, with dogtooth/plaid/tweed etc mixed with leather lace etc personally, some of it will be foul, but ill be buying what i like, not whats in.

ReputationRep:
    Loving the sound of flate shoes, I hate heels for casual wear!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to begin updating my wardrobe for autumn today. i've accepted that summer just isn't going to happen, i prefer cold weather anyway.

hmm i'm looking at: layering, fine drapey knits, flats(detailed and prettyyy, no bloody ballet pumps!),
    might even sport some treggings
    ankle boots, skirts, boyfriend blazers, plain black mini skirts, ruffled tops(in or out, i love them and it'll be perfect to make my outfits more feminine)
    colpurwiiissse, i'm thinking all sorts of greys, blacks, and regal/dark lilacs & blues.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the Oasis and Next websites which are bringing in A/W wear. the stuff looks AWESOME.
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/cate...etFilters=true I could seriously buy everything seeing as florals and tartan are *so* my thing.

ReputationRep:
    ^^

Hmmm loving that purple kilt style skirt :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Lol, True.

They could at least crack a smile or something. They're not impressing anyone looking like that. :p:
    I always thought models weren't programmed to smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Check out the Oasis and Next websites which are bringing in A/W wear. the stuff looks AWESOME.
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/cate...etFilters=true I could seriously buy everything seeing as florals and tartan are *so* my thing.
    I love the purple square neck dress at the top.

ReputationRep:
    For males - do you reckon shorter hair is coming back? I'm seeing less and less long or 'big' hair around the place. I succumbed and got mine cut short recently...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Baggy long straight trousers

Red plaid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    i love the prom dress, and the lurex chevron dress and the pointell dress.
    shame i cant afford any of it

how do the sizes come up in oasis? cos they only go down to an 8 so are they quite small?

ReputationRep:
    Slouchy man trousers, either super long or cropped above the ankle
    Gothic layers upon layers of lace and chiffon
    Piles of mis-matched jewellery, especially chains and huge metal bracelets
    CRAZY PATTERENED TIGHTS!

I actually can't wait (and don't think I will either, looking at the weather)
    I hate summer dressing; hiding behind autumnal layers is my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I like the 'Dita' bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basil Hallward)
    Ooh I like the 'Dita' bag.
    i like the non-croc ones better http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/prod...bag/5370018319
    i just cant decide on the colour.
    im thinking of getting it for college next year - anyone know how big it is?

ReputationRep:
    Why floral prints, I'm tired of seeing girls in floral prints.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's way early but I'm looking to update my wardrobe before the winter comes (need to plan WAY in advance, I am on a student budget!) Its just things for uni really so I don't want anything too dressy but not to look like an utter tramp, as per usual!
    REALLY want some cowboy boots and was wondering whats hot and whats not this autumn?!

Thanks!
    x

ReputationRep:
    theres a thread already with people discussing this so you should check it out - i think its titled something like 'anyone got any trend predictions for autumn 2008.' so you can find out whats hot and whats not from that.
    and i saw some cowboy boots today in new look which were quite nice but they were about £50 because they were real leather.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://www.brownsfashion.com/WhatsNew/

Maybe get some tips from the top, then buy it at student budget

ReputationRep:
    i hear that macs are still gonna be around as a staple item
    and just saw diane von furstenburg's AW 08 capsule http://www.dazeddigital.com/incoming...erg/index.html
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Loads of stores have already started selling winter clothing (I've seen lots of chunky knitwear and the like), so just hit the stores and see what's there!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.