My wife slapped my daughter? Watch

Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a feeling its that user awkwardshortguy for some reason, don't know why.
I am awkwardshortguy and I am not anonymous#1. Oh, and tag me next time, btw.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KatieLeah)
what do that means she had the right to hit her CHILD as hard as she can? no it does not
Did the bratty daughter have the right to kick her mother and call her a bish over a simple demand?
Then yeah the parent had the equal right to discipline her child for her.

Lord above, seems like there are a lot of future lenient parents on here. No wonder the world is becoming so soft, everyone seems to afraid to discipline people.
KatieLeah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my god you are incredibly childish!
thank you, it seems today that adults understand children? infact they don’t. me, a 14 year old, wouldn’t have said that but if i was to say that when my mom would have screamed at me. i’ve experienced abuse, it’s not something that should be ‘promoted’ or something that should be told to do if your child spoke like this. it baffles me to even see comments saying the mother should have done more than slap and was in the right. abuse is disgusting and should not happened whatsoever.
MiaNova
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did the bratty daughter have the right to kick her mother and call her a bish over a simple demand?

Lord above, seems like there are a lot of future lenient parents on here. No wonder the world is becoming so soft, everyone seems to afraid to discipline people.
Agreed!
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Delusion6)
At 14 the mother/parents are most likely paying for the phone. Their phone, their right to do whatever they want with it.
Sure it's their right. And if they want to throw their own money away like that and needlessly have their own kid resent them then by all means they should go ahead and do it.
Anonymous #9
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Allie4)
Is this a troll post or something? Theres a huge difference between randomly hitting your children and a scenario like this. Your wife is grieving for her mother first of all and to top it all of she resents the lack of respect her own child is showing towards her grandmother. Then on top of that your brat of a daughter refused to listen, refused to show any compassion, openly called her own mother a b itch and then kicked her!

Are you trying to raise a snowflake child because that is exactly what will happen if you don't discipline your child WHEN they deserve it. And a scenario like this most DEFINITELY deserved that reaction. I'd have beaten the sh it out of her. Your wife deserves a medal. And stop being a whiner, I doubt you wouldn't have done the same if this was happening to you instead. Or are you a massive doormat who lets his children wipe their feet all over him?

As a child myself who has been hit, I still think that hitting a child isn’t the best to be honest. Granted, what she did was really disrespectful, but being hit by a parent can be really damage you and degrade you to the point where you have absolutely no self worth at all. I know you may think that this was warranted given the situation, but once you start hitting a child, it can become easier and easier for the parent to resort to that method of discipline
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
thank you, it seems today that adults understand children? infact they don’t. me, a 14 year old, wouldn’t have said that but if i was to say that when my mom would have screamed at me. i’ve experienced abuse, it’s not something that should be ‘promoted’ or something that should be told to do if your child spoke like this. it baffles me to even see comments saying the mother should have done more than slap and was in the right. abuse is disgusting and should not happened whatsoever.
this is why 14 year olds need to stay out of discussions concerning adults. You haven't lived long enough to understand certain scenarios like being a parent and losing someone you love. This is not abuse, its discipline. The fact that you can't see that says enough.
Anonymous #9
Report 1 week ago
As a child myself who has been hit, I still think that hitting a child isn’t the best to be honest. Granted, what she did was really disrespectful, but being hit by a parent can be really damage you and degrade you to the point where you have absolutely no self worth at all. I know you may think that this was warranted given the situation, but once you start hitting a child, it can become easier and easier for the parent to resort to that method of discipline
In fact never mind, I forgot that she kicked her mother
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I get what you're saying. I agree. It can be traumatising.
But, she should have thought about the pain when she decided to be violent first.
What about her mother's pain?
She needs discipline. Not further babying.
Last edited by MiaNova; 1 week ago
KatieLeah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

have you experienced abuse? as a child? if you have and you were fine with it then i agree, my dad abused me and i did say some awful things yes which i should not have said and the daughter is a brat i will agree and should NOT have form that but abuse? hitting your child? no isn’t the answer. i bet your not a mother but if you are, would you ever slap your child as hard as you could so that they cried for however long and didn’t speak to you? would you put the relationship between you and your child on the line ? i doubt it
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Delusion6)
When you're grieving though you're not completely in control of your actions. I've seen people do much worse whilst in mourning. She should on this occasion at least be excused for doing something like this. Its just a phone, phones can be replaced... unlike parents
yh, i sympathise with that. the only think i disagree from the wife's actions is her calling her a brat afterwards, because i think she could have chosen words a lot less derogatory yet 10x more effective, if that makes any sense. but on the whole, the more i think about it the more shocked i become at how a child has the audacity to kick and swear at her own mum?
heermeet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
have you experienced abuse? as a child? if you have and you were fine with it then i agree, my dad abused me and i did say some awful things yes which i should not have said and the daughter is a brat i will agree and should NOT have form that but abuse? hitting your child? no isn’t the answer. i bet your not a mother but if you are, would you ever slap your child as hard as you could so that they cried for however long and didn’t speak to you? would you put the relationship between you and your child on the line ? i doubt it
Ok try seeing this scenario from a different perspective - put yourself in this womans shoes and tell us what you would HONESTLY do if your child beat you and swore at you whilst you were mourning for your dead mother. I wanna hear how you'd handle it.
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're missing the point. This isn't long term abuse.
The mother was already going through a lot, instead of acting childish she should have supported her mother. If she was mature she would have stopped at the 'warning' her mother gave.
She didn't.
The mother did the one thing that would make her child listen at the point, and it did.
Last edited by MiaNova; 1 week ago
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so all of this is stemming from your own experiences.
KatieLeah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by heermeet)
Ok try seeing this scenario from a different perspective - put yourself in this womans shoes and tell us what you would HONESTLY do if your child beat you and swore at you whilst you were mourning for your dead mother. I wanna hear how you'd handle it.
honestly if i was the mother. and i know mothers have different parenting skills and i respect that but if i was a mother or it was my mothers she’d keep her cool and in a calm voice tell me to leave and to go somewhere else instead of making it worse and into a bigger scene at her mothers funeral, i know not everyone would agree but that’s how i it my mother would handle it
Hiareth
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Brat deserved it.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
i think the dad is biased towards the daughter. in which case, dad, im sorry but i think you need to get your head out of your daughters arse and stop babying her, otherwise she's gonna have a hell of a lot of trouble when she cant rely on you to comfort her after she gives sh*t to someone in the adult world.
KatieLeah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
You're missing the point. This isn't long term abuse.
The mother was already going through a lot, instead of acting childish she should have supported her mother. If she was mature she would have stopped at the 'warning' her mother gave.
She didn't.
The mother did the one thing that would make her child listen at the point, and it did.
okah well i am sorry i just was thinking from the 14 year old daughters point as i’ve been in her shoes and never been in the mothers shoes x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Yes actually I was beaten by my dad too as well as my uncle. Its messed up but this scenario was entirely different. My dad beat me whenever he was in a foul mood and it would always be over minor things like not doing the work or coming down when he called me immediately and sometimes for misbehaving. But once again my misbehaving went as far as being noisy or not listening, not from kicking him and insulting him openly in public. Stop looking at this from the childs point of view but from the mothers.
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
honestly if i was the mother. and i know mothers have different parenting skills and i respect that but if i was a mother or it was my mothers she’d keep her cool and in a calm voice tell me to leave and to go somewhere else instead of making it worse and into a bigger scene at her mothers funeral, i know not everyone would agree but that’s how i it my mother would handle it
I agree. But the mother did tell her to stop. She gave that initial warning. She didn't listen. I agree, the mother acted on impulse possibly due to all the emotions - but the child should have listened. End of.

I have one question, what on earth was the father (OP) doing whilst this was all going on? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (9)
10%
They've been reasonable (33)
36.67%
Not feeling great... (26)
28.89%
They are TERRIBLE! (22)
24.44%

Watched Threads

Latest