The Student Room Group

Procrastinating...

Hey guys, does anybody have any tips on how to stop procrastinating. I've always been a high achiever in school but recently I feel like I've burnt out (worst time possible as I'm in Year 11) and I feel like I'm in a dreadful loop. I am going through schoolwork and homework without any motivation or fuel to keep me going, my only goal is to manage till the next holiday. When the holidays come, I never have the chance to actually relax because I'm stressing about things I'm supposed to be doing. As a result of the stress, I freeze up and try to avoid what I'm supposed to be doing. I have my mocks starting tomorrow and although I've had 3 weeks to revise for them, I didn't do anything in the holidays. I genuinely tried to revise but I ended up procrastinating again (also didn't help that we went abroad for the Christmas holidays).

Anyway, I can't stay like this, my actual GCSEs are coming up and I really need and want to get top grades. Both my elder brothers did really well In their GCSEs and they didn't even put much effort into them but I struggle mainly with stress and panicking which in turn leads to more procrastination. Anyway guys, do you guys have any tips on helping with procrastination and concentrating on actually doing revision on your own time, I always feel too burnt out from just doing homework to be focusing on revision and it ends up just piling up into late night crammings. Since right now It's almost midnight, I think I'm just going to go to sleep as I can't function when I'm tired so I'll try to wake up early to cram some extra History facts. Thanks
Original post by xscorchz
Hey guys, does anybody have any tips on how to stop procrastinating. I've always been a high achiever in school but recently I feel like I've burnt out (worst time possible as I'm in Year 11) and I feel like I'm in a dreadful loop. I am going through schoolwork and homework without any motivation or fuel to keep me going, my only goal is to manage till the next holiday. When the holidays come, I never have the chance to actually relax because I'm stressing about things I'm supposed to be doing. As a result of the stress, I freeze up and try to avoid what I'm supposed to be doing. I have my mocks starting tomorrow and although I've had 3 weeks to revise for them, I didn't do anything in the holidays. I genuinely tried to revise but I ended up procrastinating again (also didn't help that we went abroad for the Christmas holidays).

Anyway, I can't stay like this, my actual GCSEs are coming up and I really need and want to get top grades. Both my elder brothers did really well In their GCSEs and they didn't even put much effort into them but I struggle mainly with stress and panicking which in turn leads to more procrastination. Anyway guys, do you guys have any tips on helping with procrastination and concentrating on actually doing revision on your own time, I always feel too burnt out from just doing homework to be focusing on revision and it ends up just piling up into late night crammings. Since right now It's almost midnight, I think I'm just going to go to sleep as I can't function when I'm tired so I'll try to wake up early to cram some extra History facts. Thanks

same here bro

Quick Reply

Latest