I want to get an AS further math alongside four A levels.

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In the 2018/19 school year, I have studied a gifted math course in a uni, which is undergrad level, and some of the stuff is in fp1/fp2. I have also got some knowledge of matrices over summer holiday of 2019.
I am now studying a gifted physics course in a uni, which is also undergrad level, and some of the stuff is in the m1/m2 units. I have p1, p2, p3, p4, s1 and s2 with the school, with three exams in 2020 and three in 2021.
If I self-studied the m1 unit, can I move the s2 to further math? I think I can only get enough units for an IAS further math as a maximum and get 4.5 A levels. (I have maths, physics, chemistry IAL and a Chinese GCE).
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8013)
In the 2018/19 school year, I have studied a gifted math course in a uni, which is undergrad level, and some of the stuff is in fp1/fp2. I have also got some knowledge of matrices over summer holiday of 2019.
I am now studying a gifted physics course in a uni, which is also undergrad level, and some of the stuff is in the m1/m2 units. I have p1, p2, p3, p4, s1 and s2 with the school, with three exams in 2020 and three in 2021.
If I self-studied the m1 unit, can I move the s2 to further math? I think I can only get enough units for an IAS further math as a maximum and get 4.5 A levels. (I have maths, physics, chemistry IAL and a Chinese GCE).
Do you live in the UK or no? If you live in the UK I know that there is a programme to further maths outside of school - http://furthermaths.org.uk/howstudyfm

If you live elsewhere, I'd advise checking the spec to make sure that you are doing the right modules. Also, maybe a further maths teacher at school would be willing to help you during breaks if you have any questions.
Roha125
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8013)
Yep even I am doing 4.5 A level
Bio,Chem,Phy,Maths and Further(AS)
My maths units are P1234,S12,M1,FP12
From many people I have heard AS value is none but most universities says if other subject grade isn't affected then take AS.AS further is helpful for many engineering degrees
From my uni research I have seen Uk unis favour AS more than US unis
You have self studied so I would completely recommend taking AS further.

For my case I wasn't confident so didn't start studyingfor Further maths at all until 1 month before all AS exam..Now that I have taken further,9 maths units in 1 year will be quite impossible for me so I went with AS further only

You asked whether you can shift S2 to further,well the thing is after you give all units and cash in code then pearson will combine them to give you the best grade.There is a pdf in pearson website that goes in detail about combining this units and what can be changed.
Last edited by Roha125; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise