The Student Room Group

i need desperate help

for the past few years, i’ve been doing my igcse exams. and sadly, i’ve only ever passed once (english language). and i’m not sure why, but no matter how hard i try or how many times i do it, the exams just seem to get harder and harder. i’m doing my january maths b retakes and this is the most i’ve struggled with them. i’m 20 and at such a standstill. i’ve been trying for 5 years straight and haven’t passed once since 2016 (i skipped 2018 entirely for my mental health). i’ve tried many ways of studying and they don’t seem to work. i’m not sure what to do from here if i do indeed fail again.
do you perhaps not understand the content? do you know what you're struggling with exactly in these exams?
I know that for maths doing multiple practice questions help. Get a textbook, go through the units they teach, do the questions, mark them, then do the corrections and then highlight and go over the ones you don’t understand with a teacher or someone so does understand. I know that saying it so much easier than actually doing all of that but good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest