Turn on thread page Beta

Female but only wear trainers! watch

ReputationRep:
    hi

so previously i had never thought anything of it, but my friends all think its really weird that being female, the only footwear i wear is trainers. now dont get me wrong, i dont wear just any trainers, i prob spend more on a pair of trainers than most of their shoes put together. i also only wear special trainers.

so yeah is it weird? am i the only female who only wears trainers?

oh, i dont wear shoes cos i look sort of unbalanced. they just dont suit me at all! :no:

No, I live in trainers too, although my mum brought me a pair of nice heels the other day which im determined to wear more often - fed up of lookin boring and not girlie enough.

Slowly going for a whole revamp, ie hair, dress sense and etc to look more girlie, wanna enjoy my youth whilst it lasts! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    No, I live in trainers too, although my mum brought me a pair of nice heels the other day which im determined to wear more often - fed up of lookin boring and not girlie enough.

Slowly going for a whole revamp, ie hair, dress sense and etc to look more girlie, wanna enjoy my youth whilst it lasts! lol
    yeah i sort of want to do the same. but i just look funny in heels. plus i cant walk in them at all. but i do feel really un girly, even when i buy trainers with silk on them and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever wear trainers aswell! Other shoes don't really suit me.
    The only time when I wear proper shoes is when I go to school (my college makes us dress 'smart') and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't own a single pair of trainers and haven't in years. I hate them and think they're sooooooo unfeminine. I live in flat pumps. My best friend wears trainers all the time and I'm always moaning at her about it!!!! I know it's *****y, but she looks so much lovelier in shoes!

(Original post by woofums)
    yeah i sort of want to do the same. but i just look funny in heels. plus i cant walk in them at all. but i do feel really un girly, even when i buy trainers with silk on them and stuff.
    Yea, im trying to wear other shoes now instead of trainers. Im also finding the trainers are making my arches in my feet go flat which is bad. Will also soon be ditching the jeans and getting out my pencil skirts and tops - legs need to go on show me thinks lol

Maybe invest in some small heels and practice walkin around in them at home, to get the feel of them and etc.

ReputationRep:
    If that is what you feel comfortable in then go for it. However maybe go for ultra stylish ones or slowly introduce over shoes working your way up to heels.

Since I'm quite active, ride bikes and climbing etc, I tend to wear trainers all the time. I personally don't think I know any females who don't wear trainers lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    The only way to walk in heels is practice, practice, practice!!! I live in trainers, though I have to wear shoes to work, and the clubs that I go to don't allow trainers so I have a couple of pairs of heels for those. To be fair though - my trainers aren't all that expensive. At the moment I have a pair of Skechers which are black and cute. About 30 quid I think.

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Yea, im trying to wear other shoes now instead of trainers. Im also finding the trainers are making my arches in my feet go flat which is bad. Will also soon be ditching the jeans and getting out my pencil skirts and tops - legs need to go on show me thinks lol

Maybe invest in some small heels and practice walkin around in them at home, to get the feel of them and etc.

Trainers provide far more support for your feet than shoes do, simply because they are meant for use under conditions where you move alot and shoes aren't. They have better support around the ankle and under the arches.

(Original post by parpirate)
    Trainers provide far more support for your feet than shoes do, simply because they are meant for use under conditions where you move alot and shoes aren't. They have better support around the ankle and under the arches.
    I haven't found that and I have virtual lived in trainers! My arches are dropping and I can tell this frm when I have been putting on my Pointe shoes at dancing (mainly) and other shoes?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i love vans. i classify those as trainers anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite I live in heels and wear them for everything and spend way to much money on them but I do have a range of trainers mostly running ones but do have a few casual ones.

I think you should start learning to walk in heels and it doesnt take long at all but as Kamie said its all about practice. I dont know how old your are etc but surely at some point you will need to wear heels or at least smart footwear for interviews, weddings, funerals or formal occasions etc or even work - depending on what you do?

If you feel comfortable in trainers you should stick to them but you should also try and wear heels from time to time so that you can get use to them. I would recommend starting off with kitten heels which are no more than an inch high and then gradually build up with wider heels until you become a professional like me who can wear stilleto heels for 18 straight :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Yasmin2K8)
    I would recommend starting off with kitten heels which are no more than an inch high
    Really? I find kitten heels really hard to walk in compared to higher heels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i love vans. i classify those as trainers anyway lol.
    Vans FTW I also love my pair of Etnies!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    Vans FTW I also love my pair of Etnies!
    they are super comfy.

ReputationRep:
    see i wear trainers all the time except from when i go out, i wear heels then. im not one for pumps though, trainers are just so much easier and comfy

ReputationRep:
    I tend to wear trainers a lot of the time. I'm really happy I found this thread, actually as I thought I was the only one! I would love to wear more feminine shoes more often, but I just can't be arsed as trainers are just so comfortable! I wear pumps sometimes, but have oddly shaped feet (large, wide at the front with narrow heels) so it's hard to find ones that fit properly and don't give me blisters. Trainers literally seem to be the only shoes I can wear without getting blisters. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I own two pairs of trainers, both of which i only wear for sports/gym.
    I used to always wear trainers and timberlands though. Do you ever wear heels or anything at all? Like for clubbing or going out for meals or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Really? I find kitten heels really hard to walk in compared to higher heels!
    lol thats strange they are like a 3 cm's high :confused: I guess everyone is different. Like for me I feel more comfortable wearing stilettos and like 3 inch heels than wearing pumps or flats which I absolutely hate.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.