The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL and IELTS

Does UCL tend to require international students whose mother tongue is not English to submit a copy of certificate of IELTS results before the decision-making?
If someone has experience of applying for this school as an non-native English speaker, please could you share your experience?
Original post by Anonymous
Does UCL tend to require international students whose mother tongue is not English to submit a copy of certificate of IELTS results before the decision-making?
If someone has experience of applying for this school as an non-native English speaker, please could you share your experience?

Yes, you have to submit IELTS or any equivalent English language Qualification stated on their website.

You can send your IELTS results to them before or after submitting your UCAS application. I'm pretty sure you can submit it after getting an offer as well, because if you haven't before they'll just put the required IELTS score as part of a conditional offer. I'm pretty sure the IELTS is not a judging criteria.

Hope this helps!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by adeebaruhul
Yes, you have to submit IELTS or any equivalent English language Qualification stated on their website.

You can send your IELTS results to them before or after submitting your UCAS application. I'm pretty sure you can submit it after getting an offer as well, because if you haven't before they'll just put the required IELTS score as part of a conditional offer. I'm pretty sure the IELTS is not a judging criteria.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply.

I contained my IELTS score as a part of UCAS and my score is high enough to meet the requirement.

However, this is just a self-report data so that I think admissions office must request me to submit a PDF copy of IELTS Certificate.

Notwithstanding, I never received any message about IELTS data.
On the other hand, a PDF copy of my transcript was requested and I submitted.

As a matter of fact, now I think it is extraordinary enough to start doubting my possibility to become success.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your reply.

I contained my IELTS score as a part of UCAS and my score is high enough to meet the requirement.

However, this is just a self-report data so that I think admissions office must request me to submit a PDF copy of IELTS Certificate.

Notwithstanding, I never received any message about IELTS data.
On the other hand, a PDF copy of my transcript was requested and I submitted.

As a matter of fact, now I think it is extraordinary enough to start doubting my possibility to become success.

In your UCAS application I'm pretty sure you had to enter your TRF number, which would automatically link the official scores from the British Council to your application. You don't need to send a PDF if they already have the number.
Reply 4
Original post by adeebaruhul
In your UCAS application I'm pretty sure you had to enter your TRF number, which would automatically link the official scores from the British Council to your application. You don't need to send a PDF if they already have the number.

Thank you for your attentive reply!

I wrote my IELTS score with TRF number on my UCAS app, making sense why scanned IELTS certificate is not requested.
hi, i just wanna know if you paid anything for the IELTS or can I submit a mock test
Reply 6
Original post by gwenn154
hi, i just wanna know if you paid anything for the IELTS or can I submit a mock test

I'm not op but I'm pretty sure you actually have to take the exam at a testing centre to apply. Mock grades are not official qualifications.
You’ll need a formal IELTS Academic test for most uni’s. They won’t accept a mock test.

Most uni’s don’t need the test when you apply. You can wait and see if you get offers first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending