__heidix
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to do Ancient Greek gcse in 4 months? I got a 9 at Latin gcse and I’m in year 12 currently. I’m really interested in it, and I’m just starting it. How much more difficult is it compared to Latin and how much work would I need to do to get up to standard. I didn’t find Latin that hard. I just spent a lot of time learning to literature translations but The actual questions on the paper were fine for me (because I do English lit a level etc and that’s what I enjoy/think I’m good at) , and I didn’t find language hard at all, just learnt all the vocab and the basics for grammar. Would really appreciate some advice from a teacher or anyone who’s done Greek gcse before?

Any advice much appreciated
Thanks )
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd stick to concentrating on your A levels. Greek has some unfamiliar aspects apart from the obvious alphabet (extra past tense, another voice (active passive and middle) , conjugation of verbs can alter the beginning of words which can make them hard to recognise) and it would be a tall order in 4 months. (NB. I took O level Ancient Greek 40 years ago, I'm not familiar with the content of GCSE Ancient Greek).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.46%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
45.26%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.63%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.65%

Watched Threads