EmaiI address
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have no one to provide a reference for me (I have exhausted all my options) and I want to know what I am supposed to do since I am not even able to get in contact with my chosen uni's admissions people!!

Also, what happens if I don't contact unis and just submit my application without a reference from anyone??
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
Will they simply reject my application entirely???
Austin114
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean by having no one for reference? Doesn’t your teacher i.e. school tutor/head of course write references for your school/college?
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
(Original post by Austin114)
What do you mean by having no one for reference? Doesn’t your teacher i.e. school tutor/head of course write references for your school/college?
I would rather not go into my whole story but to put it short... I have not a single person on this entire earth to write a reference for me. That includes any teachers, employers, etc.
FurtherMaths2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EmaiI address)
I would rather not go into my whole story but to put it short... I have not a single person on this entire earth to write a reference for me. That includes any teachers, employers, etc.
ask a doctor or get a private tutor - pay for a few hours worth of lessons asap, and tell them you need a reference immediately after.
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
(Original post by FurtherMaths2020)
ask a doctor or get a private tutor - pay for a few hours worth of lessons asap, and tell them you need a reference immediately after.
Not an option. What happens if I apply with no reference?
Kaz_xx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the unis will contact you requesting for a reference, so you need to find someone who can write one for u.
FurtherMaths2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can't send off the application without a reference - you can get a doctor to write you one.
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaz_xx)
the unis will contact you requesting for a reference, so you need to find someone who can write one for u.
What if I tell the unis I can't provide one?
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you need to have one. If u are submitting UCAS through ur school, they should automatically write u a reference as it's required.
Austin114
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It will be cancelled. It’s important you get a referee, it would be best to call UCAS and ask them for advice. I’m sure there has been many people who have been in your position. They’ll probably have an option or two. Let them know your situation and they’ll most definitely help you out. Goodluck!
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
you need to have one. If u are submitting UCAS through ur school, they should automatically write u a reference as it's required.
I am not applying through a school
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What if I tell the unis I can't provide one?
on UCAS, it states that: 'There is actually an option to not include a reference, but only if you contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one. Just confirm this on the reference page of your application.'

but most likely u will need one, as they need to see how u have been working
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
It will be cancelled. It’s important you get a referee, it would be best to call UCAS and ask them for advice. I’m sure there has been many people who have been in your position. They’ll probably have an option or two. Let them know your situation and they’ll most definitely help you out. Goodluck!
I have and they simply told me to contact all my chosen universities
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
on UCAS, it states that: 'There is actually an option to not include a reference, but only if you contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one. Just confirm this on the reference page of your application.'

you will need to contact the universities immediately, if u cannot get one as the UCAS deadline is coming up soon
EmaiI address
Rep:
?

I noticed this but what do I tell these universities? I don't know how to talk on the phone properly 😪
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
you will need to contact the universities immediately, if u cannot get one as the UCAS deadline is coming up soon
I know the deadline is so soon I'm dieing out here
Austin114
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have and they simply told me to contact all my chosen universities
I would encourage you to go by what they said then. If not, find a tutor ASAP or volunteer at a charity shop and get your supervisor to write a reference for you.
Kaz_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I noticed this but what do I tell these universities? I don't know how to talk on the phone properly 😪
something like hello, i was wondering if u could please help me. i wish to not include a reference in my ucas application. (they might ask why and u will have to explain your situation)
EmaiI address
Rep:
?
I would encourage you to go by what they said then. If not, find a tutor ASAP or volunteer at a charity shop and get your supervisor to write a reference for you.
What do I tell these universities? I'm too scared to talk to them and I have a feeling that they will say no we need a reference. Also, what information will they need from me and will they give me any information in return if I did call?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.54%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.46%

Watched Threads