The Student Room Group

UCAS Application - Should I apply?

Hi :smile:

I want to apply to a university but I do not meet the entry requirements. Is it worth applying or should I not bother.

Also, is there anything crucial about the order in which to apply? I don't know who to put as my first choice as I don't know how important this is or what impact it has.

Any help will be so appreciated :
If you don’t meet the entry requirements you could do a foundation year and when applying to university you don’t number your choices their automatically placed in alphabetical order
You can do foundation years or access courses, depending on what you want to do, in regards to order and choices, it doesn’t matter as you decide once you get all your offers
I do not meet the requirements yet for what I applied too, but I still have an interview. if the course isn't really competitive and you are not too far away from the entry requirements then you could apply.
But have a back up plan for what you are going to do if you get rejected.
I forgot to mention:
There may be places in clearing which is when they lower the grade boundaries depends on how competitive as stated by someone above
Reply 5
Original post by wasted100
If you don’t meet the entry requirements you could do a foundation year and when applying to university you don’t number your choices their automatically placed in alphabetical order

I am currently doing an access course so I dont really want to do a foundation degree too :frown:

If I dont get in then I wont be heartbroken its just a preference. I just wondered whether its worth applying JUST in case or if it is a waste of time.

So when you say its in alphabetical order, is there absolutely so reason to put a certain uni as your first choice?

Thanks for you help!
Reply 6
ank

Original post by bsb2392
I do not meet the requirements yet for what I applied too, but I still have an interview. if the course isn't really competitive and you are not too far away from the entry requirements then you could apply.
But have a back up plan for what you are going to do if you get rejected.

Thank you this is really helpful to know! I hope you get into your first choice :smile:
Original post by tulakia
I am currently doing an access course so I dont really want to do a foundation degree too :frown:

If I dont get in then I wont be heartbroken its just a preference. I just wondered whether its worth applying JUST in case or if it is a waste of time.

So when you say its in alphabetical order, is there absolutely so reason to put a certain uni as your first choice?

Thanks for you help!

Trust me apply for it I didn’t meet most of the entry requirements and still managed to get offers there’s always a chance you may get an offer don’t put yourself down at all and for the alphabetical order this just places your choices under the alphabet letter the university begins with that’s when you first apply but when you receive your offers that’s when you pick a first choice (firming an offer) and second choice for insurance
Original post by tulakia
Hi :smile:

I want to apply to a university but I do not meet the entry requirements. Is it worth applying or should I not bother.

Also, is there anything crucial about the order in which to apply? I don't know who to put as my first choice as I don't know how important this is or what impact it has.

Any help will be so appreciated :

i was 2 grades away from one of my options despite it being a foundation year. However they still gave me a conditional offer. So i would say it depends how competitive ur course is.
For acceptance, you could always pray. That the AAA offer it will go away.

You got this, hunny. Hit the apply button.
Reply 10
Original post by wasted100
Trust me apply for it I didn’t meet most of the entry requirements and still managed to get offers there’s always a chance you may get an offer don’t put yourself down at all and for the alphabetical order this just places your choices under the alphabet letter the university begins with that’s when you first apply but when you receive your offers that’s when you pick a first choice (firming an offer) and second choice for insurance

Oh okay perfect! I understand alot better now! Thanks so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending