Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adampolar)
    Guess I will have to go against this and say that I do not think that every member of the younger generation are running riot!
    I think I over-exagerrated. But far more than what I found to be norm at their age.
    Just was asking if people reckon it's set to increase? Or what? That's it.
    But kids these days are worse. I firmly believe that.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest forming your own opinions and not stealing those of every newspaper.
    Hope im not out of place, this was directed to the OP, and im sure he'll reply...but i have something to say...

NEWS-papers....NEWS as in what NEW and the s for pleural

what wrong with referring to newspapers to show or back up an already wide-spread belief?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest forming your own opinions and not stealing those of every newspaper.
    I don't read newspapers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    But kids these days are worse. I firmly believe that.
    With good reason too! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    lol, cute :rolleyes:

talking about how the "new" generation of kiddos seem to lack the morals and ethics that the older generations had, and so and so forth.. in summary---but this falls way short of what that "article" deserves really.
    Well my generation is all just boozing and bottling and WKDs at 4am on a cold park bench, smell of sick down the high street, Christ, is that those kids again, they're always in our front garden, can't we make them stop, no, chuck a brick at them will you Andrew, compensation culture, heat us up a ready meal willya I think there's some oven chips in the freezer, sod that, too much like hard work, chippy's easier, empty Special Brew outside the Spar, youths, unshaven, **** you, **** you, ******s, god, can't even walk down to get bag of chips without abuse, and the wind is cold and chill and you pull your hood more tightly around your face and light a fag, thirtieth of the day, ahhh, that's good.

ReputationRep:
    I don't read newspapers
    in that case, the argument i made about referring to newspapers is general, not the thats_funny! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't read newspapers
    You really should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    Well my generation is all just boozing and bottling and WKDs at 4am on a cold park bench, smell of sick down the high street, Christ, is that those kids again, they're always in our front garden, can't we make them stop, no, chuck a brick at them will you Andrew, compensation culture, heat us up a ready meal willya I think there's some oven chips in the freezer, sod that, too much like hard work, chippy's easier, empty Special Brew outside the Spar, youths, unshaven, **** you, **** you, ******s, god, can't even walk down to get bag of chips without abuse, and the wind is cold and chill and you pull your hood more tightly around your face and light a fag, thirtieth of the day, ahhh, that's good.
    I'm sorry, did i miss something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You really should.
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, make up your mind, are the good sources or not? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, make up your mind, are the good sources or not? :rolleyes:
    I am not saying use them as sources, just read them.

ReputationRep:
    I am not saying use them as sources, just read them.
    but according to you they contain nothing but rubbish....

ReputationRep:
    but according to you they contain nothing but rubbish....
    No I never said that.

ReputationRep:
    You really should.
    I get sources from experience. From talking to folk and hearing what they think about what's going off. And more people I ask about this say this is the case, and I can see it - Although now I think about it maybe it is a little biased, I mean I do feel way older than I am, which is horrendous. Maybe it's an ageism thing. But I guess the issue is more convoluted than simply saying all kids are running riot, maybe overstepping the mark - Maybe it's a case of all the good kids learning and that demoted to cower in their homes away from chavs and yobs and disrespectful kids. Or maybe it's because these idiots aren't given money to go bowling etc so can't interfere with the good kids noble activities.
    I do reckon the misbehaviour of the youth of today has risen, and I certainly do believe it is a travesty where any child walks over their parents and role models like utter traitors, but yeah I over-exagerrated -
    Most likely not doomed, but chances are more prisons will be needed in the next ten-twenty years for these plonkers, perhaps? - - - Ta for convincing to an extent, and teaching a bit and that - Bet teacher's these days wish they heard that every so often.

I guess I'll sit on the fence on this one after all

P.S.
    I don't read papers because I couldn't give a damn about who's won big brother or what happened in Zimbabwe yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    No I never said that.
    not literally, but you don't think that what is written in a newspaper represents what is going on in society, you did argue that the OP shouldn't just "steal" what is written in the newspaper, so if if you meant that it doesn't represent society well enough, then why read it?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's an ageism thing.
    I think your hitting the nail on the head there. Kids have misbehaved for years.

ReputationRep:
    I think your hitting the nail on the head there. Kids have misbehaved for years.
    Yes true - but I do find the extent quite remarkable these days. Maybe it's just the reports I get that are wrong - Chances are these people got their sources from an overactive media like the news or whatever that's just trying to scare them to sell more.
    Makes sense actually. But you do see these kids, so they are out there. Maybe they'll grow up like previous generations did? Hopefully. For their sakes if not our own.

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    not literally, but you don't think that what is written in a newspaper represents what is going on in society, you did argue that the OP shouldn't just "steal" what is written in the newspaper, so if if you meant that it doesn't represent society well enough, then why read it?
    It is healthy to read different opinions before forming your own, surely you agree with this. I never said that all opinions of newspapers are wrong, but in this case I think they are wrong. Newspapers are sold to adults and these people want a newspaper that agrees with them, and most adults believe that kids are running wild because it is an age thing. So the newspapers agree with them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes true - but I do find the extent quite remarkable these days. Maybe it's just the reports I get that are wrong - Chances are these people got their sources from an overactive media like the news or whatever that's just trying to scare them to sell more.
    Makes sense actually. But you do see these kids, so they are out there. Maybe they'll grow up like previous generations did? Hopefully. For their sakes if not our own.

:yy:
    I do not think so much has changed that they will grow up so different to us.

ReputationRep:
    It is healthy to read different opinions before forming your own, surely you agree with this. I never said that all opinions of newspapers are wrong, but in this case I think they are wrong. Newspapers are sold to adults and these people want a newspaper that agrees with them, and most adults believe that kids are running wild because it is an age thing. So the newspapers agree with them.
    i do agree that getting more than one opinion before forming your own is important, but those opinions should not be the basis of your own opinion. As for how people "look" for what suits their preexisting beliefs, aren't you arguing that people should use the newspapers (as an e.g. of media) to form their opinions....but than you claim people hand pick out of the newspapers what they already believe in as to reinforce there already formed opinion..it just seems a bit, incoherent to me, that all

ReputationRep:
    i do agree that getting more than one opinion before forming your own is important, but those opinions should not be the basis of your own opinion.
    This is exactly what I am arguing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.