The Student Room Group

Peterborough, the worst city in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

naivesincerity
I used to live in Rutland, it and Leicestershire has some gorgeous country, you're right.

I'm just outside Stamford, just over the Rutland border. It's absolutely gorgeous. I used to have horses, and there was no simpler happiness than riding out and chasing the sunset/sunrise over the farmlands.

*sighs. Is all bohemian again*
Spotty Dog
I'm just outside Stamford, just over the Rutland border. It's absolutely gorgeous. I used to have horses, and there was no simpler happiness than riding out and chasing the sunset/sunrise over the farmlands.

*sighs. Is all bohemian again*

Have been through Stamford, looks pretty sweet.
naivesincerity
Have been through Stamford, looks pretty sweet.

It's absolutely beautiful. The shopping is pretty rubbish - It's the sort of place you go if you know you're going to get something from a particular shop, I don't go just to browse, but it's a stunning town.
Reply 43
whats wrong with having our European friends from overseas living in Peterborough? we are a diverse country.
Reply 44
Original post by Spotty Dog
It's absolutely beautiful. The shopping is pretty rubbish - It's the sort of place you go if you know you're going to get something from a particular shop, I don't go just to browse, but it's a stunning town.

there's more to life than shopping you know! Stamford is a beautiful market town built by the Romans. not to mention surrounded by lovely countryside.

Peterborough is also a roman city, not the best i would say average to other cities.
It's horrible and depressing.

Used to live in East mids and now in Cambridge, both of which are nice, so know it from it being halfway.

As people said East Mids has beautiful parts and country.

But Peterborough is a hell hole.

The dark triad is Peterborough, Milton Keynes and Luton.
I went to Peterborough for college about 6 years ago. I have to say it's ok, not bad not amazing just ok. I am from Cambridge so comparing any town to it is pretty unfair, As it's internationally famous/ touristy town so there is more to do and see.

My first time arriving in Peterborough was on my college open day. I remember arriving at the train station, confused how to get to the city centre part, it took me a while that you have to walk through the Gateshead shopping centre. The shops were mainly pound stores and polish stores as it had a big polish community liivng there, there were also a lot of young mums with Prams getting in your way everywhere you went.

It was pretty and dull on first impressions as I started college, everyone in my college were always moaning about Peterborough so it didn't give me a good impression. I would often drink in the bars at lunch time on broadway street, I remember there was a park behind it that was quite nice. The cathedral was very nice too but the one in Ely is more impressive I have to say.

My 2 years there I have to say Peterborough as a whole is boring but not the worst place. I went to university in Wolverhampton, now that town is much worse compared to Peterborough
Congrats guys you necroed a 8 year old thread, that is actually an achievement.
peterbroughs alright, the only problem is that its like a fkin terminal for all the immigrrants.
Also all the fuks talk the queens english there but you gotta love it!
the waters nasty though i gotta say feels dirty

Quick Reply

Latest