The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlx3_xoxo
i don't have an ED, i'm too fat. ive been with cahms for two years, three this year.

You do not have to be underweight to have an eating disorder.
Laxatives is not a method of sustainable weight-loss, you do not lose any fat whatsoever you’re just emptying what’s in your stomach. As soon as you start eating normal (which you have to do) the weight you’ve lost will come back. Healthy eating and exercise is the only way to lose fat and weight long-term.
first of all, is that... healthy?
Original post by Leviathan1611
first of all, is that... healthy?

No.
i beg this thread is a joke, don't know if I should laugh or show pity
why?

Just in case I could advise on safe usage! I'm studying medicine, so I have a good understanding of gastroenterology.
Original post by anthonyburgess
Just in case I could advise on safe usage! I'm studying medicine, so I have a good understanding of gastroenterology.

If you had a good understanding of gastroenterology, you would be telling OP not to use laxatives to try and lose weight.
no because it's not relevant to why i go there. other people have worse problems, this isn't one. plus, they'll make me eat properly and then i'll gain weight and i don't want that.
Original post by black tea
You do not have to be underweight to have an eating disorder.

i'm overweight. i dont have an eating disorder.
Reply 29
eh, you again. you never learn, do you? just eat a bit less than your recommended calorie intake and exercise every day, then you can be not only underweight, but relatively healthy too. been doing this for years, and i'm fine.
I have literally tried everything. EVERYTHING. and this is the only thing that seems to work.

I think the problem is you’re trying to lose weight too fast
Sis please talk to a GP. I don’t think this is healthy at all
If you had a good understanding of gastroenterology, you would be telling OP not to use laxatives to try and lose weight.

Or, having read her responses, I would understand that the OP is going to take them regardless but use knowledge to help them do so safely.
This kind of thinking is toxic.
This thread is toxic to others with ED.

Get help.

Exactly
Or, having read her responses, I would understand that the OP is going to take them regardless but use knowledge to help them do so safely.

There is no doing it safely, and any medic would know that. When the doses OP is taking stop working, they'll just start taking more, regardless of what you tell them. Laxatives are very stupid and dangerous way of trying to lose weight - don't encourage them.
There is no doing it safely, and any medic would know that. When the doses OP is taking stop working, they'll just start taking more, regardless of what you tell them. Laxatives are very stupid and dangerous way of trying to lose weight - don't encourage them.

Sorry, I missed the part of my message where I said this an excellent idea OP, but I think it would be more constructive than just blindly telling them to stop when, as is made clear, the OP has no intention of stopping. Better she uses them as guided by a medical professional than recklessly alone.
Sorry, I missed the part of my message where I said this an excellent idea OP, but I think it would be more constructive than just blindly telling them to stop when, as is made clear, the OP has no intention of stopping. Better she uses them as guided by a medical professional than recklessly alone.

You are not a medical professional, you are an A Level student.
You are not a medical professional, you are an A Level student.

I'm not?
I'm not?

Not a medical professional? Yeah, I gathered.

Latest