The Student Room Group

Why is he shy/awkward around me

hi guys
so basically i made friends with a guy i work with and i started to like him. one night on a night out we were both drunk and ended up getting with each other and admitting that we like each other. since then we see each other at work and it’s not really awkward but it’s not the same as it was. i’ve noticed he’s a lot more shy around me and sometimes can’t even look me in the eye. when we have conversations he kinda seems like he’s struggling to find things to say so it’s always me who has to make the convo. he is completely normal around the other girls at work but when it comes to me he seems quite nervous and shy. how do i get him to not be so on edge around me. i just want to be able to speak to him comfortably
Original post by LucyHolland123
hi guys
so basically i made friends with a guy i work with and i started to like him. one night on a night out we were both drunk and ended up getting with each other and admitting that we like each other. since then we see each other at work and it’s not really awkward but it’s not the same as it was. i’ve noticed he’s a lot more shy around me and sometimes can’t even look me in the eye. when we have conversations he kinda seems like he’s struggling to find things to say so it’s always me who has to make the convo. he is completely normal around the other girls at work but when it comes to me he seems quite nervous and shy. how do i get him to not be so on edge around me. i just want to be able to speak to him comfortably

It's nice you found an SO at work and I hope it works out.
Seems to me he is very smitten by you so maybe it's a good idea if you actually just talk it out with him. If you ask him at work to talk with you in private, he can't just ignore you or run away as he'll look kinda weird doing that at work lol. He is probably in shock maybe that he likes someone i.e. maybe he's never had a lover or crush before on someone so maybe he's just processing it.
I say, just open up to him one day after work in private, in a comfortable place. Because it's pretty clear you both have feelings for each other and it would be a shame for it to go south.
Talk with him and tell him how you feel. New relationships should always be based on 100% honesty - let it all out y'know.
Good luck!
I think ppl get awkward in this position because it suddenly seems more important what the other person thinks of you so you don’t want to mess it up!

Quick Reply

Latest