This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke Motion in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M574 – Make America Grate Again, Quirky Editor MP
This House calls upon the Government to prohibit the export of cheese to America due to the current climate crisis. Americans need to get to stop watching GoT and grate some Cheese.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would make the semi-usual "I remember when joke motions used to be good" comment, but I wasn't here for that time so I can't.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Er...no?
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
I would make the semi-usual "I remember when joke motions used to be good" comment, but I wasn't here for that time so I can't.
Can't blame a guy for trying. I would like to remind the honourable gentleman humour is subjective.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Er...no?
It was unfortunate I was unable to gain your support at this time. I can assure the right honourable lady that the climate is an important issue and that GoT is over rated.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
I would like to remind the honourable gentleman humour is subjective.
Wow no way, thanks for the reminder chief.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Wow no way, thanks for the reminder chief.
You are most welcome.
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)

In the vein of the thread, this motion is redundant; with the current administration America is certainly grating on everyone else.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ghostwalker)
In the vein of the thread, this motion is redundant; with the current administration America is certainly grating on everyone else.
Cheese grating can act as stress relief.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Due to the terribly received reviews GOT got, mainly the last season, and the fact climate change is a thing, probably will vote Aye
Plus, that pun is.... not very punny.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Andrew97 Will this be sent to division?
Cabin19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All the way same with the UK need to stop importing so much food. As we need to go back to having local food for local people that in turn leads to a bit of self sufficiency saving the planet in the process 👍
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Andrew97 Will this be sent to division?
No.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Prohibiting the import of cheese to the United States for trivial reasons does not seem very productive. Hence I shall be voting nay in this item.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Prohibiting the import of cheese to the United States for trivial reasons does not seem very productive. Hence I shall be voting nay in this item.
If the planet burning is trivial I'd like to know what you class as "big". I can guess what you don't.
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If the planet burning is trivial I'd like to know what you class as "big". I can guess what you don't.
Well you seem to mention the popular television drama Game of Thrones in this motion, which eliminates any seriousness for which the topic should be discussed with.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aye!

I support cheese puns!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good thing the planet isn't on fire, that would be rather concerning given rock doesn't tend to burn
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Good thing the planet isn't on fire, that would be rather concerning given rock doesn't tend to burn
How boring would literalism make the English language.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why not support the revival of American industry and MAMGA (Make America Make Grates Again)?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise