Is anyone doing A-Level History AQA?!!

Watch this thread
Jasmine244
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m in year 12 doing A Level History (AQA) and I’m doing The Age of the Crusades c1071-1204 and British History. Is anyone doing A level History AQA currently or has recently done it? I need to know the exam layout. As it’s a 2 year course, I don’t know whether I’m doing exams in May (year 12) and exams next May when I’m in year 13. Or is it just A Levels where you do just 2 exams after the two years? I don’t have a clue 🤷🏽 Anyone who knows how many exams/ when please help!! 🤗
Lemonsandlemons
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jasmine244)
I’m in year 12 doing A Level History (AQA) and I’m doing The Age of the Crusades c1071-1204 and British History. Is anyone doing A level History AQA currently or has recently done it? I need to know the exam layout. As it’s a 2 year course, I don’t know whether I’m doing exams in May (year 12) and exams next May when I’m in year 13. Or is it just A Levels where you do just 2 exams after the two years? I don’t have a clue 🤷🏽 Anyone who knows how many exams/ when please help!! 🤗
There are 2 main exams for each of your topics, and then also coursework which is worth 20%
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Within the papers there is one source question and then 2 normal essay questions each.
Jasmine244
Rep:
(Original post by Lemonsandlemons)
There are 2 main exams for each of your topics, and then also coursework which is worth 20%
Ohh okay, are those 2 exams at the end of year 13, meaning I don’t have any at the end of year 13? Thank you for your help 😊
Jasmine244
Rep:
Within the papers there is one source question and then 2 normal essay questions each.
Do you know how many marks each question is and also how long the papers are? Sorry for asking so many questions
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Ohh okay, are those 2 exams at the end of year 13, meaning I don’t have any at the end of year 13? Thank you for your help 😊
yes all a level exams are in may/june of yr 13. you will prbably get mocks tho in yr 12 at the end
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Do you know how many marks each question is and also how long the papers are? Sorry for asking so many questions
out of 200 off the top of my head. 25+25+30 for one paper (30 marks being the source) then coursework as well makes up that total.
Jasmine244
Rep:
out of 200 off the top of my head. 25+25+30 for one paper (30 marks being the source) then coursework as well makes up that total.
Thank you so much for your help, I’ve been stressing about it because my teacher hasn’t told me how the exams will be. Thank you so much again
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much for your help, I’ve been stressing about it because my teacher hasn’t told me how the exams will be. Thank you so much again
why stress its only January lol
Jasmine244
Rep:
why stress its only January lol
I don’t have a clue 😭 I stress about stuff so easily but then I just think why have I just had a meltdown 🤨🤨
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I don’t have a clue 😭 I stress about stuff so easily but then I just think why have I just had a meltdown 🤨🤨
you must be a high achiever then, what did u get at gcse? u seem like a go-getter haha
Jasmine244
Rep:
you must be a high achiever then, what did u get at gcse? u seem like a go-getter haha
I got a 7 in English language, a 9 in history and science and 8’s in everything else. I was literally in the same exact position last year stressing in January about GCSE’s but then once I got over myself I was fine 😭
Lemonsandlemons
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I got a 7 in English language, a 9 in history and science and 8’s in everything else. I was literally in the same exact position last year stressing in January about GCSE’s but then once I got over myself I was fine 😭
great results! but are your teachers not helpful then? how come you were so clueless, no offense, about history a level?
Jasmine244
Rep:
Haha thank you! Ehh it’s not that they’re not helpful, they just don’t really think that we should be worrying about it yet which I suppose it’s only me in the class who is so I can see where she’s coming from if the whole class doesn’t really care about that. But I asked her a couple of weeks ago and she said she’d spend a lesson going through the exam style and how the questions are styled, but she didn’t so that’s why I was so clueless 😂 the good thing is that I actually understand the content and I’m finding it easy so far, especially brutish history
subwaygirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey I do Age of the crusades too! I haven't found other schools who also do this course. How are you finding it right now?
Jasmine244
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by subwaygirl)
Hey I do Age of the crusades too! I haven't found other schools who also do this course. How are you finding it right now?
Well I’ve just began year 13 on Monday and when we began the course last September I was literally clueless from September to around December but my teacher said that’s how everyone reacts. But now I actually understand everything so far. We’ve just learned the second crusade so I’m just getting to grips with that now 😬😬. How are you finding it so far?!
subwaygirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well I’ve just began year 13 on Monday and when we began the course last September I was literally clueless from September to around December but my teacher said that’s how everyone reacts. But now I actually understand everything so far. We’ve just learned the second crusade so I’m just getting to grips with that now 😬😬. How are you finding it so far?!
Hey I just saw this! I'm learning about the Battle of Hattin right now! I was exactly the same when I was in year 12. I'm enjoying it more now as a year 13, its still definitely not my strongest but I do understand everything!
Jasmine244
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by subwaygirl)
Hey I just saw this! I'm learning about the Battle of Hattin right now! I was exactly the same when I was in year 12. I'm enjoying it more now as a year 13, its still definitely not my strongest but I do understand everything!
Haha me too! Just finishing off Saladin then moving into the third crusade 😬😬
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads