The Student Room Group

Anxiety

I don’t know the best way to get rid of my or prevent my anxiety. When I did work experience I was shaken constantly wanted to cry. When strangers come up to me I can’t talk to them I go blank and shake. If there’s a new place to find I panic if I can’t find it. I’m terrified that I won’t be able to do well on sixth form as in school is a teacher picks on me for an answer I shake and stutter and can’t talk. If I can’t find my class or get picked for a question I will cry. I’m scared it’s going to affect me and my future as I can’t get a job as I’m too scared.
I get this completely! Anxiety is hard and finding a coping mechanism is hard too! Try find something to help you cope (it doesn’t have to be the best) I don’t mean self harm or anything dangerous! As for school settings - talk to your teachers before hand and explain that you need extra support and time to settle in so not to ask you questions straight away as it panics you, they will understand and may have pastoral support to help too! You will gain confidence as you settle in. I’m not going to say don’t worry - but don’t stress too much, their are options and alternatives

Quick Reply

Latest