Vodafone 2020 Discover Graduate Programme Technology

Watch
TheHeisenberg9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had applied for the 2020 Vodafone intake and if so what stage or how has your experience been so far?
Plitzo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheHeisenberg9)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had applied for the 2020 Vodafone intake and if so what stage or how has your experience been so far?
I'm applying for technical summer internship today. How did you find the application?
ell4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheHeisenberg9)
Hi everyone,

Hey,

I applied late last year and was informed two weeks ago that I've been invited to assessment centre. Completed online application form, video interview and now through the final stage. Experience has been great so far, very straight forward and competency-based questions for the video interview. What stage are you at?
Alderd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Plitzo)
I'm applying for technical summer internship today. How did you find the application?
Hi, how has your application gone?

I applied for the technical summer internship a few weeks ago, did the tests, and then did the video interview just under two weeks ago.

I just got an email from Vodafone saying:

‘Just to let you know, we’re currently evaluating the results, and will let you know by the end of March. If successful, you’ll be joining us at Vodafone for the final stage – our exclusive Assessment Centre!’

Did you get this email? I don’t know whether they have just put me in a ‘maybe’ pile or they are focusing on the grad scheme and filling that up first, and then they’ll look at the internship candidates come late March.
Plitzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alderd)
Hi, how has your application gone?

I applied for the technical summer internship a few weeks ago, did the tests, and then did the video interview just under two weeks ago.

I just got an email from Vodafone saying:

‘Just to let you know, we’re currently evaluating the results, and will let you know by the end of March. If successful, you’ll be joining us at Vodafone for the final stage – our exclusive Assessment Centre!’

Did you get this email? I don’t know whether they have just put me in a ‘maybe’ pile or they are focusing on the grad scheme and filling that up first, and then they’ll look at the internship candidates come late March.
Hi I got same email few days after completing application and it's been almost 3 weeks now. I'm hoping we make it to the AC
Alderd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I got same email few days after completing application and it's been almost 3 weeks now. I'm hoping we make it to the AC
Alright I guess that’s good, more positive than less if we both got the same email.

Guess we’ve got another wait of about 5 weeks lol.

Lmk if you hear anything else from them
Denn1sT
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ell4)
Hey,

I applied late last year and was informed two weeks ago that I've been invited to assessment centre. Completed online application form, video interview and now through the final stage. Experience has been great so far, very straight forward and competency-based questions for the video interview. What stage are you at?
I am in the same position as you, I enjoyed the assessment centre just waiting to hear back now.
ell4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Denn1sT)
I am in the same position as you, I enjoyed the assessment centre just waiting to hear back now.
Have you heard back yet? I got a phone call today with an offer Let me know how you get on, fingers crossed!
Plitzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ell4)
Have you heard back yet? I got a phcongratone call today with an offer Let me know how you get on, fingers crossed!
Congrats on getting an offer. Did you apply for internship or graduate scheme and what did you get to do at the AC
Denn1sT
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ell4)
Have you heard back yet? I got a phone call today with an offer Let me know how you get on, fingers crossed!
Congratulations, I didn't get a call so I'm assuming I didn't get it. But, well done best of luck for the future.
ell4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats on getting an offer. Did you apply for internship or graduate scheme and what did you get to do at the AC
Thank you I applied for the graduate scheme, the AC consisted of 3 tasks which involved a group assessment with a presentation, individual presentation and then a 1-2-1 interview. The day itself is so relaxed and everyone is really friendly and helpful which definitely helps calm the nerves. Have you applied? I wouldn't worry too much about the group or individual assessments as you get all the information on the day. The 1-2-1 interview also consisted of just competency-based questions so essentially "tell me a time when..." just make sure to use the STAR method
ell4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Denn1sT)
Congratulations, I didn't get a call so I'm assuming I didn't get it. But, well done best of luck for the future.
Thank you! There were quite a lot of people at the AC so it might just be the case that they haven't managed to get in touch yet. I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure you've smashed it. Let me know how you get on
Plitzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ell4)
Thank you I applied for the graduate scheme, the AC consisted of 3 tasks which involved a group assessment with a presentation, individual presentation and then a 1-2-1 interview. The day itself is so relaxed and everyone is really friendly and helpful which definitely helps calm the nerves. Have you applied? I wouldn't worry too much about the group or individual assessments as you get all the information on the day. The 1-2-1 interview also consisted of just competency-based questions so essentially "tell me a time when..." just make sure to use the STAR method
Thanks so much for this. I've applied for the internship and hoping I get invited to the AC
ell4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks so much for this. I've applied for the internship and hoping I get invited to the AC
No worries! Good luck, I hope you get it! What stage are you at currently?
Plitzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alderd)
Alright I guess that’s good, more positive than less if we both got the same email.

Guess we’ve got another wait of about 5 weeks lol.

Lmk if you hear anything else from them
Hi, I know we're in strange times now. Have you heard back from Vodafone with an invite to AC? Or any update at all. I'm thinking they might cancel internships with the virus going on
giachaudry
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I emailed them and they said they might do a digital ac and that they’d send out decisions end of March
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (175)
15.26%
Uncertainty around my education (191)
16.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (113)
9.85%
Isolating with family (78)
6.8%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (43)
3.75%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (98)
8.54%
Loneliness (113)
9.85%
Financial worries (51)
4.45%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (105)
9.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (81)
7.06%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.63%

Watched Threads