The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a girl, but I'll be one for the sake of this thread.

NoQualms
Looks-height,body,complexion?,hair

My height, or slightly shorter than me. Not overly muscular, but not overly fat or skinny. Some healthy medium between fat and skinny. :p: Complexion: don't care. Hair: slightly longish, but by this I mean a couple of inches and not more. Shoulder-length hippy-style hair is a no. Probably natural brownish-blond (not bleached!), but black or brown would work too. Short hair is also fine if it looks good.

NoQualms
Personality-Sense of humour, intelligence

Yeah, gotta have some. Sense of humour is one of my biggest requirements (though obviously a sense of humour similar to my own); also has to be loyal and open (i.e. not withdrawn or secretive). Other things I'd quite like are intelligence (if we can't have a conversation, what can we do?!), passion for something (anything I can relate to), and articulacy (linked in with conversation).

NoQualms
Abilities: Sports, Music, Dance

Don't care, though an ability to speak a million languages would be nice. Sports would probably piss me off if he was a fanatic. Music, yes - I love music. Dance, wouldn't really care.

NoQualms
Ambitions: Career

Who cares? His life. As long as he has some ambitions, that's fine by me.

NoQualms
Background: Culture etc

Don't care. Would have to be gay, obviously, so not coming from a homophobic background helps, but isn't necessary - I don't care if he's really close to his family or not at all.
Reply 2
My ideal guy would be good looking-in my opinion. tall-about 6ft 4, with an athletic body-he got muscly by going to the gym a bit but its mainly through sport or natural, my complexion or a bit darker (I'm like Ashanti's complexion-in winter without a tan! lol ) He'd have a fade-(which is like a reaally low hair cut)

Personality: Would have to be able to make me laugh and make me smile but wouldn't be the life and soul of a party-I like laid back guys who don't talk a lot unless they are comfortable with someone-two loudish people in a relationship=DISASTER.

Would have to be as or if not more intelligent than me (bad experience with insecure guys-who thought i was too smart for them) if we're going to define intelligence by book smarts-he should be studying for an academic degree at a good university.

I like "sweet boys" who say cute things to show they care about you; the guy has to be loving unconditionally and sweet and actually want to build a good relationship with me.
Oh and i'm not going to lie-i want him to be a bit scared of me lol-as in scared to upset and annoy me-he should be patient.

He must be sexually adventurous-cause i am

Abilities: Would love him to play a sport-basketball cause i'm interested in it or football.

Ambitions:-must have some and must be successful in his career whatever it is...i've always wanted to end up with a Doctor-someones whose tales of work would intrigue me.

Background: Same cultural/racial background as me-if we're talking ideal!
Reply 3
Theres so many of these threads.
Reply 4
intelligence and ambition are a must have lol, and definately them treating you right and you being able to trust them!
Looks-Tall (seeing as i am 6foot2), dark hair (black or brown) brown eyes

Personality-Generous, caring, adventurous, quite/a bit shy, honest, smart

Abilities: Guitar preferably or another instrument, willing to try other hobbies like dance, not excessively sporty

Ambitions: anything interlectual,

Background: has to be open minded in terms of culture but their background doesnt really matter.

This becomes SOOO much easier when you have him in mind, pity i found him but he doesnt tick the last box; LIKES ME
Reply 6
Looks - 5'9", 50% on the McWeedy-McMuscular scale, 65% on the McSkinny to McFatty scale, long hair (length is negotiable), thick spreadings of body hair, and sideburns...

Personality - Has a sense of humour, does not laugh at my jokes unless they're actually funny, intelligent enough to be engaging and fresh but not particularly intellectual, independent in thought and action, not too quiet but not too loud, pays attention to what I'm saying (not to an unnerving extent; I don't mind telling him things a few times). And no cheating!

Abilities: the ability to listen to sexual suggestions? Fixing cars, partying. Musicians are nice but only if they DON'T go on about it or use it as an "attractive selling point" for themselves because I'm so bored of that.

Ambitions: Havin' fun, appreciatin' nature, seein' places and living a humble but satisfying life.

Background: Ahh.. probably German. Czechs and Austrians will be considered. Not overly religious but has his morals in the right place.

Now that I've written him, I'm not really yearning for him so I guess that either means that he's too rare a concept for me to imagine properly, or that I don't even want my perfect man that much. In theory, though, that list of specs would be pretty nice on a guy.
Looks: Least important, so long as he's average, I'm happy.

Personality - Has to be a geek. Intelligent and passionate about his subjects. Long term, he'd have to have good english abilities (e.g. knows lots of words). Academically minded rather then artistic. Likes to debate is also a must. Sarcastic sense of humour. Not violent, i.e. obviously not to me, but people in general.

Abilities: As above...academically minded. Not overtly into sprt. MAybe likes the gym

Ambition: Long term, something sciencey or englishey. Not artistic as I'm just not massively into that stuff. Not bothered about what uni he goes to.

Background: Not too fussed, although something completely different from western culture and not liberal would be intimidating, especially if there's family issues. I wouldn't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by being me and having my beliefs! Working class boy though I think is important, or at least educated at state/grammer school.
Reply 8
Looks- height (6ft - 6'2), body (athletic would be great, but don't really care, well I don't really like tons of muscles so that would be a turn-off).

Personality- smart, honest, funny, easy-going, positive, open

Abilities: sporty type (he has to take care of his health) + at least he has to try to dance

Ambitions: has to know what he wants in life (has to have some main goals)

Background: not too liberal, morals at right place, not too different from my beliefs

:biggrin:
Reply 9
NoQualms

Erm, taller than me ? :p: not very hard, i like tall guys though,about 185-193cm, Skinny or regular build with a bit of muscle. Not too keen of overly muscley guys, or chubby/fat guys.
Hair: LONG! that is my main requirement! shoulder length or longer. Real men have long hair, dammit! Plus, for some reason, whenever i see a guy with short hair, it all goes **** shaped. I think that's called fate :yes:
NoQualms

Good, preferably slightly strange, sense of humour, to match my own. Preferably not #too# blokey, but y#know, a manly man at least
Intelligent. i need someone to outweigh my blondeness :smile: Doesn#t necessarily mean BA, MA, PhD though.. some of the most intelligent people i've worked with left school at 16
NoQualms

Sports, er, whatever floats the dude#s longboat really-climbers are usually hot though:p:
As are musicians. Especially guitar players. They have dexterous hands. This is an advantage :wink:
Dance: see sport
NoQualms

not one of these career-focussed city workers
NoQualms

err, don#t mind
I seem to be into travelers at the minute though :smile:
ideal man looks something like this though
http://www.norther.net/members.php?member=petri

-x-
allieRAWR!
Looks: Least important, so long as he's average, I'm happy.

Personality - Has to be a geek. Intelligent and passionate about his subjects. Long term, he'd have to have good english abilities (e.g. knows lots of words). Academically minded rather then artistic. Likes to debate is also a must. Sarcastic sense of humour. Not violent, i.e. obviously not to me, but people in general.

Abilities: As above...academically minded. Not overtly into sprt. MAybe likes the gym

Ambition: Long term, something sciencey or englishey. Not artistic as I'm just not massively into that stuff. Not bothered about what uni he goes to.

Background: Not too fussed, although something completely different from western culture and not liberal would be intimidating, especially if there's family issues. I wouldn't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by being me and having my beliefs! Working class boy though I think is important, or at least educated at state/grammer school.

:>.<: I'd be so perfect for you. :biggrin: Love Maths, Indian, HUUUGE Vocabulary and an extremely sarcastic sense of humour. Bah, if only there were more girls like you in the world. :frown:

Anon'd because if my friends who're sometimes on TSR found this post I'd be even more of a complete reject than before.
snorty_swirl
Looks-Tall (seeing as i am 6foot2), dark hair (black or brown) brown eyes

Personality-Generous, caring, adventurous, quite/a bit shy, honest, smart

Abilities: Guitar preferably or another instrument, willing to try other hobbies like dance, not excessively sporty

Ambitions: anything interlectual,

Background: has to be open minded in terms of culture but their background doesnt really matter.

This becomes SOOO much easier when you have him in mind, pity i found him but he doesnt tick the last box; LIKES ME

I would tick everything on this, save the last - I dont know you well enough.
Tragic isnt it? In another life maybe :p: or perhaps the future... :yep:
Reply 12
Looks- Tall (I'm only 5'2 so thats not hard I guess), muscular, but not freakishly so

Personality- Has to make me lauggghh pretty much nonstop XD, fun loving to the point of silliness, clever and articulate too, but not overly serious. Cute, absolutely adorable and loving and goddamn cute

Abilities: ..Well if it were an ideal world, A Pro Cyclist. but someone vaguely sporty, but who doesn't obsess over it, especially in a spectator way.

Ambitions: I care not, as long as he has some.

Background: Um...European is always nice, continental European, preferably northern continental European. But I'm not fussed, as long as they aren't religious...and can put up with my gentle snobbery
Reply 13
Lemmy. I want to suck his mole.
Reply 14
Looks...
At least 6', dark hair, not hugely fussy on eyes... blue I love because they're just.. I dunno.. sparkly-like, brown are so deep and lurvly.. no need for muscles or anything, just completely average build

Personality...
Sense of humour, able to just be 'silly' or slightly childish without feeling like an idiot, honest, gives me no reason to not trust, ambition of some kind (nothing intense like "I wanna be an astronaut" but more "I want to have a comfortable life), likes/wants a family, a geek - into computer/video games and the like, enjoys watching films, not religious, intelligent, generous, gentlemanly tendencies but not overdoing it, likes cooking (for me! :p:), manly but snuggly..

Abilities...
Not that fussed in honesty...

Ambitions...
As above just having enough drive to get through life happily/comfortably.

Background...
Well a northern european accent doesn't hurt, and he could teach me another language too...

Oh wait, I'm already with this man :biggrin:
NoQualms
Yea-i have a habit of copying threads-summer boredom!

So yea in terms of :

a little taller than me or the same size. not muscular, in fact, i like a little podge :biggrin: good personal hygene is a must though. not really pale, but not tanned either. just 'normal' if you get me.

funny. i love funny guys, they're amazing. intelligence is a plus, but i'm not bothered about this as long as i can talk to him without it seeming like i'm talkig to a brick wall. also, he must have a caring personality. i've been hurt too many times by men all wanting to be the dominating 'traditional' man, so someone with a good heart is also a must.

abilities. hmm...if we're talking in general then i'm not fussed about it. as long as his 'abilities' aren't something stupid or gross. ideally though, i'd love someone who could speak another language, as this amazes me too.

amibitions don't bother me. as long as he isn't a slob and a layabout and actually has some ambitions.

as for background. this also doesn't bother me at all.
Looks-5'10+ (So I can wear my heels and hes still a fair bit taller!) I like my blondes for some reason, I like a nice body- someone who is quite naturally muscular.

Personality-Can make me laugh and laugh! Very confident, cocky (but not overly so) Sweet and cute when its just me and them. Very open and happy. Doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

Abilities: Whatever, wouldn't be attracted to that anyway!

Ambitions: Doing something that makes them happy rather than for the money.

Background: Any!
NoQualms
My ideal guy would be good looking-in my opinion. tall-about 6ft 4, with an athletic body-he got muscly by going to the gym a bit but its mainly through sport or natural, my complexion or a bit darker (I'm like Ashanti's complexion-in winter without a tan! lol ) He'd have a fade-(which is like a reaally low hair cut)

Personality: Would have to be able to make me laugh and make me smile but wouldn't be the life and soul of a party-I like laid back guys who don't talk a lot unless they are comfortable with someone-two loudish people in a relationship=DISASTER.

Would have to be as or if not more intelligent than me (bad experience with insecure guys-who thought i was too smart for them) if we're going to define intelligence by book smarts-he should be studying for an academic degree at a good university.

I like "sweet boys" who say cute things to show they care about you; the guy has to be loving unconditionally and sweet and actually want to build a good relationship with me.
Oh and i'm not going to lie-i want him to be a bit scared of me lol-as in scared to upset and annoy me-he should be patient.

He must be sexually adventurous-cause i am

Abilities: Would love him to play a sport-basketball cause i'm interested in it or football.

Ambitions:-must have some and must be successful in his career whatever it is...i've always wanted to end up with a Doctor-someones whose tales of work would intrigue me.

Background: Same cultural/racial background as me-if we're talking ideal!

Honestly when I read this I was just ticking off boxes in my head. I'm sorry to say the only thing I don't have is a ''faded'' haircut.
Looks- taller than me, with nice shoulders and darkish hair. Not too chubby or muscely- no-one wants to date Rocky Balboa!

Personality- Someone who isn't boring. That's the most important thing, whether it comes from them being fascinating to talk to or insanely spontaneous. Aside from that- caring, open-minded, honest etc. As suek said- manly but snuggly :p: Someone capable of getting rid of spiders. Ohh, and vegetarian!

Abilities: Eh, not fussy really.

Ambitions: I don't really care, as long as they want to do something.

Background: Any, really- although being Irish is always a plus! :biggrin:
- Obviously taller than me, perhaps 5' 9" and over?
- Not overly muscular, but not skinny or severely overweight..
- Good skin's a nice thing, though I don't discriminate based on something as little as that. :p:
- Long hair.

- MUST have a sense of humour, god damn it! And humour that's similar to mine. I don't think I could stand it if they didn't get my jokes.. :frown:
- Intelligence is again, a must.

- We know how much I like musicians.. :biggrin:
- Failing that, anything they can do well and enjoy doing is a real attraction.

- I think it would get tiring if I was working hard to achieve my career goals and they weren't doing anything.. so just having an ambition is a start!
- Type of career doesn't bother me, but ideally.. a writer? Even better, a travel writer!

- Race = not significant
- As long as his culture doesn't prohibit a relationship, we're fine. :p:

EDIT: Kopi's right, those who can fix cars are a huuuuge yes. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending