Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a TESOL qualification to teach english overseas? I would be interested to know peoples experience about completing the qualification.

ReputationRep:
    I have a TEFL but not a TESOL... How does it differ?

ReputationRep:
    i've been looking in to this a bit - but am yet to make any decisions, can't decide if it is worth the money or if it is really what i want to do.

ReputationRep:
    try i-to-i TEFL qualification. It is internationally recognised certificate. If you are a native english speaker, you can easily find Tesol/tefl jobs in many countries. You can also try CELTA which is tougher than TEFL , but if teaching english as a foreign(or second) language is your dream, then you should try CELTA. it takes about 2 months or 1 month full time. some colleges are offering celta course. bear in mind that it is quite intensive course , you might not be able to work during the course.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know the difference but this looks like a popular facebook page with loads of tefl teachers so they might be able to help further...

http://www.facebook.com/teflabroad

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.