username5109860
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just been offered a fixed term appointment today. Anybody else. Also what are the chances of this being made permanent after time in post. Anybody had experience of moving off reserve into a FTA then perm offer ?
alf.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username5109860)
Just been offered a fixed term appointment today. Anybody else. Also what are the chances of this being made permanent after time in post. Anybody had experience of moving off reserve into a FTA then perm offer ?
Congrats!
I believe all of the 2019 intakes are fixed term (up to 12 months) - but I'd assume it's with the goal of moving to a permanent position

I should be receiving my formal offer soon so I will let you know if there's any added info

Which region did you apply for?
Jvdp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alf.)
Congrats!
I believe all of the 2019 intakes are fixed term (up to 12 months) - but I'd assume it's with the goal of moving to a permanent position

I should be receiving my formal offer soon so I will let you know if there's any added info

Hi thanks. Congrats too. Greater Manchester
Jvdp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alf.)
Congrats!

Hi Congrats too. Manchester Region
alf.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jvdp)
Hi thanks. Congrats too. Greater Manchester
Thanks,

Did you get an offer?
Jvdp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alf.)
Thanks,

Did you get an offer?
Hi, provisional pending employment checks.
alf.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jvdp)
Hi, provisional pending employment checks.
Nice!

Make sure you get all DBS and medical info submitted ASAP, I found their turn around time was very fast.

After it clears you'll get a call with potential start date depending on personal circumstances

Let me know how it progresses
Jvdp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alf.)
Nice!

Make sure you get all DBS and medical info submitted ASAP, I found their turn around time was very fast.

After it clears you'll get a call with potential start date depending on personal circumstances

Thanks DBS came through very quick and all I had to do was re-validate proof of address - that was easy took it into my local town job centre who verified it and then scanned and emailed for me to the recruitment team. cheers. Good luck to you too. Regards
Jvdp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alf.)
Nice!

Hi. Did yiu get your confirmed start date ?
alf.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jvdp)
Hi. Did yiu get your confirmed start date ?
Hey,

Yeah I started on the 27th and have just started training.

How about yourself?
Jvdp
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by alf.)
Hey,

Yeah I started on the 27th and have just started training.

How about yourself?
Hiya. Yes start on Monday a week in the office and the then five weeks training. How is it so far ?
alf.
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jvdp)
Hiya. Yes start on Monday a week in the office and the then five weeks training. How is it so far ?
Going well, great colleagues

The training is good so far (bar usual IT issues) with lots to learn!

All the best going forward!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (205)
62.31%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.65%
No- I want it (89)
27.05%
No- I don't want it (23)
6.99%

Watched Threads