Herbert Smith Freehills 2020 Assessment Day Watch

Jameskitch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a science undergrad attending the HSF assessment day in a couple of weeks time, and I’m nervous about the case study and scenario based assessments! I’ve of course minimal experience with law so am unsure what to expect, any advice?
Aspiringlawyeras
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jameskitch)
I’m a science undergrad attending the HSF assessment day in a couple of weeks time, and I’m nervous about the case study and scenario based assessments! I’ve of course minimal experience with law so am unsure what to expect, any advice?
Hey I have not done an AC at HSF but from talking to the recruitment team at events I don’t think they would be expecting you to know the law etc and will obv take that into account. So don’t worry about not knowing much about law. I would suggest focus more on the commercial side of law and look at deals that they have worked on/how they effect stakeholders etc. Also can I ask when you heard back from them and when you applied? I am still waiting to hear back and have heard nothing. Also when abouts are their assessment centre days scheduled for?
Last edited by Aspiringlawyeras; 1 month ago
Jameskitch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Aspiringlawyeras)
Hey I have not done an AS at HSF but from talking to the recruitment team at events I don’t think they would be expecting you to know the law etc and will obv take that into account. So don’t worry about not knowing much about law. I would suggest focus more on the commercial side of law and look at deals that they have worked on/how they effect stakeholders etc. Also can I ask when you heard back from them and when you applied? I am still waiting to hear back and have heard nothing. Also when abouts are their assessment centre days scheduled for?
On Thursday I just read you have one too, good luck and congrats!
Aspiringlawyeras
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jameskitch)
On Thursday I just read you have one too, good luck and congrats!
Thank you good luck hope it goes well
millierosewells
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you good luck hope it goes well
Stilllll waiting for HSF post-assessment ! (Probably a PFO at this stage !)

How was the Assessment Center?
Aspiringlawyeras
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by millierosewells)

Hey, I had it today. Did graduate recruitment tell you when you would find out? They told us it would be the same day or next. I got told I didn’t get it like an hour or so after my interview so do check your email again if there’s anything in there? As they sent the response really quickly to me. Really gutted but I think the case study analysis was definitely what let me down.
Lawyertobel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by millierosewells)

Can you please let me know what the case study was about (ie. the subject matter)? Also what were the documents involved? Thank you so much!
Lawyertobel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey, I had it today. Did graduate recruitment tell you when you would find out? They told us it would be the same day or next. I got told I didn’t get it like an hour or so after my interview so do check your email again if there’s anything in there? As they sent the response really quickly to me. Really gutted but I think the case study analysis was definitely what let me down.
Can you please let me know what the case study was about (ie. the subject matter)? Also what were the documents involved? Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (531)
66.79%
No (264)
33.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed