The Student Room Group

what is university like ?

hi ,

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some honest feedback about uni life ?!

thank you :smile: x
Reply 1
It's definitely different...

On one hand it's like the birthplace of knowledge, you can learn so much and meet so many different people with different views.

On the other hand you might see people sleeping in the library, waking up every 30 minutes to study then fall back asleep.

You'll likely meet some of the best people in your life.
Original post by RRosee
hi ,

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some honest feedback about uni life ?!

thank you :smile: x

Hey @RRosee!

University is completely what you make of it, and if we're being honest some people have a much better experience than others!

Personally I had an amazing time and would completely encourage making use of everything that is available to you! Get involved with clubs and societies as these are a great place to meet people with similar interests to you!

There will be highs and lows, sometimes things can get really stressful - you're there to work after all!

My main advice is to not compare your experience to anyone else. Often people expect to meet their best friend straight away or to easily balance a social life whilst keeping up with assignments but high expectations can easily lead to disappointment.

Do what works for you and what makes you happy, that way you will have a great time!

Best of luck:biggrin:

Mia:smile:
I agree with the previous responses. In essence, university is a unique experience for everyone, so I'll give my experience as a 3rd year psych student.

Uni life is like a stepping stone to being an adult. You pay your own rent, do your own household chores like laundry and cooking, are financially responsible for youself, and are living with totally new people. However, you still have people at the uni who can help you so you're not totally alone just yet. It's a brilliant way to learn more about yourself and what you want your future life to look like.

In terms of studying vs social life, again it's down to the individual to make those decisions. I choose to try and spend the typical 9-5 time working on uni and the rest is social time. I have plenty of time to do what I want to do but there's obviously still a lot of work to be done (a degree isn't easy, despite what the typical "student life" portrayal may tell you). However, it's totally managable if you are organised and self-motivated which, if you're in university, you likely would be.

I am loving my time as a student and hope you will too!
Reply 4
thank you for all the comments !! they made me more excited to start :smile:) x
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah, I agree with everyone who has already answered. It's simply what you make of it. Also, make sure to choose a subject you're truly interested in because that will make it so much easier (even though internships, course work, essays, readings, societies, social life, etc. can be quite overwhelming).

Good luck applying x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending