l4mp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve applied to Hills Road to start later this year and as I’m in area and meet all the subject grade requirements I’m pretty confident I’ll get in, but I live outside of Cambridge, and the only way in, other than being driven in, is two bus journeys (one to Cambridge, one to Hills directly) which would take 1h10m. Is this worth it to go to Hills? I really want to go but the journey time is basically the only con and it’s a pretty big con.
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by l4mp)
I’ve applied to Hills Road to start later this year and as I’m in area and meet all the subject grade requirements I’m pretty confident I’ll get in, but I live outside of Cambridge, and the only way in, other than being driven in, is two bus journeys (one to Cambridge, one to Hills directly) which would take 1h10m. Is this worth it to go to Hills? I really want to go but the journey time is basically the only con and it’s a pretty big con.
I go to Hills Road right now and the bus journey to school is about 1h20m, but having to leave home at about 7:15 to get in for 9. I'm in U6 right now and do 4 A levels so I have period one starts almost every day, I still think its worth it because Hills is so much better than other sixth forms in the area.
That being said, 1h10m isn't the worst I've heard, I know people who have 2 hour plus journeys. So personally I think it's worth it because, despite not really seeming it sometimes, it is a really good school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads