How to ask out a girl without looking like a fool?

Watch
joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I like this girl a lot and she is in my uni. I have never met her but I have seen her a lot of times and recently she added me on Facebook nearly a year after I sent her the request. How should I approach for a date?
Krombopulisvoid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t move too quickly talk to her and be friends for a bit first. From experience asking a girl you barley ever talk to out doesn’t work. You need to speak to her so she can get to know you and then ask her out
joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Krombopulisvoid)
Don’t move too quickly talk to her and be friends for a bit first. From experience asking a girl you barley ever talk to out doesn’t work. You need to speak to her so she can get to know you and then ask her out
I talk to her sometimes.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joe goldberg)
I like this girl a lot and she is in my uni. I have never met her but I have seen her a lot of times and recently she added me on Facebook nearly a year after I sent her the request. How should I approach for a date?
Sorry to break it to you, but if it's taken almost a year to accept your request... I'd say the odds are against you.

Unless she's shown you a lot of interest since accepting your request (e.g. starting online chats with you, Commenting on or 'liking'; a lot of your posts etc. I don't see this going anywhere.

I talk to her sometimes.
So you talk to her sometimes... who initiates the conversations; her or you? Does it look like she's going out of her way to talk to you (does she ditch her mates to talk to you? Does she go out of her way to talk to you? Do you know if you come up in conversation with her friends?). Also what's the vibe like when you talk to her (does she take any interest in your life, does she smile a lot (I mean a real smile, not a fake one))

If you cannot answer yes to any of those questions, then you'll need to work the foundations as Krombopullsvoid mentioned. Based on what you've written, chances are she'll say "no" if you just try and ask her
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 1 year ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I talk to her sometimes.
you said in your OP you've never met?
Akiba mata
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Find out who her dad is, go speak to her dad and tell him i want to marry ur daughter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads