The Student Room Group

Need general advice

deleted
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
you don't like law. you said you would rather stay in your room? do not do the LPC right now. LPC is hard AF.

it sounds like you have too much safety net and not enough reasons to get a job or work on your career. personally, would work on that before you spend all that money on school, tho it isn't really your money so up to you.

also moved to Law.
Original post by throwaway1316
So I graduated in law a couple years ago. Been coasting ever since, got some experience here and there, but I haven't started a career or serious job. I don't particularly like law, but don't see that as a reason to not pursue it.

Thinking of doing the lpc. I could apply right now and get a January place. Student loans would take care of 3/5, while parents take care of 2/5. I'm hesitant to spend so much, especially on a whim. But my parents just put a down payment on a car. Makes me think now's not the time to worry about the little money.

Honestly, I'd rather just stay in my room. Got a little sidetracked in life and academics. It would be difficult to adjust, but I'd see it as a springboard to the high-flying career I've thought of since childhood. If I don't do this, I could easily spend another year at home, and I don't want to start the next decade like that.

This was probably a terrible time to post. I won't hear any responses until tomorrow.

The LPC is expensive. I'm paying for the LPC with the postgrad loan and self funding myself so I would only say pursue it if you really know you want a career in law. There are mixture of students in my class with or without TCs. It might be late now but have you seen if there are any scholarships or bursaries available?

I started the LPC last September and can confirm that the full-time 10 month course is full on but manageable. I know a friend who is on a part-time LPC course which spaces the course out over 2 years and makes it more manageable plus more time to adjust and move at your own pace or work.

Before doing the LPC the uni youre going to may give you a refresher option to recap on the core LLB laws before starting. I think its worth talking to your tutor to figure out how you will adjust and any learning plans you can put in place.

Good luck on your decision.

Jade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending