BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate In IT-DATABASES??

Watch
angelshaloxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have the exam in a week and I’m honestly so baffled! I’ve had the Christmas holidays and tried to revise databases earlier and I got stuck at the ERD. Anyone in a similar position or anyone that’s good at databases able to help me? I’m gonna fail, I’m gonna fail, I’m gonna fail...
dylanturner5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Basically you will have to try and get a One-To-Many relationship between the tables. I am going to assume you know what that is already as it should be explained in the book. Generally you will have one table which will be primarily full of primary Keys from other tables, therefore making them foreign keys. Make sure that when you are doing this you highlight all of the secondary keys and click primary keys, this will actually make them a foreign key, at least according to the examiner. When establishing the relationships, make sure you drag the primary key to the foreign key and not vice versa. Make sure you enforce the relationship. You can use the relationship window in access as your ERD, at least to what i have been told. Hope this helps.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you using an Access Database? There's loads of tutorials and videos on Microsoft's site which show you how to do most of it step-by-step, so try following some of these: https://support.office.com/en-us/access

I'd guess the stuff on Tables and Queries are probably going to be the most useful things to start with
JackCunningham11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
Are you using an Access Database? There's loads of tutorials and videos on Microsoft's site which show you how to do most of it step-by-step, so try following some of these: https://support.office.com/en-us/access

I'd guess the stuff on Tables and Queries are probably going to be the most useful things to start with
this seems completely different to what i am being taught in school, i understand most of the Database exam just some things to do with harder queries, forms and reports. Any other links that i could use to help me??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (154)
16.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (88)
9.38%
Isolating with family (65)
6.93%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.62%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (82)
8.74%
Loneliness (95)
10.13%
Financial worries (39)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.82%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.06%

Watched Threads