Ex-Boyfriend's Necklace Watch

Poll: What would you do with an ex-boyfriend (turned *******), necklace?
Keep it (79)
40.93%
Burn it (17)
8.81%
Cast a vodoo spell on it (27)
13.99%
Return it to him (54)
27.98%
Re-gift it (16)
8.29%
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keep it! You like it, it's yours. Don't stop enjoying it just because you broke up.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm...I have a necklace from an ex that I wear, but we parted on good terms. If we hadn't...I'd probably keep it until I was over him and could wear it again.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea im a buryier
I have some photos my ex gave to me when we broke up 4 years ago.... and I need to decide what to do? I think itd be too weird to post them to him..
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Was it a pearl one? :p:
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keep it or sell it.
If he really wanted it back he would of asked you already!
Anyway, it was a present to you wasn't you? You don't give back presents
Caliowin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I kept mine, but he was never horrible to me, he just didn't want to be in an LDR. There was no way I was going to give my Lord of the Rings Evenstar necklace back- I'd wanted one for so long. I wear it constantly, and he never wanted it back, and my current boyfriend (old one's bestfriend) doesn't mind either.

Though if he was horrible to you and it gives you bad memories- get rid of it- give/throw it away. Sending it back is rather petty.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Give it to a younger cousin, it will be much appreciated.
Kashya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Send it back. Let him know it means nothing to you, and he therefore means nothing to you.
Desperate Prayer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Archangel's Kiss)
What would you do if you had an ex-boyfriend's necklace?
But you love its design..
(He supposedly, loved and cherished that necklace and gave it to you because he loved you.. He turned out being a real m.f-er in the end!)
Keep it and remember the good times
Thail
Report 10 years ago
(He supposedly, loved and cherished that necklace and gave it to you because he loved you.. He turned out being a real m.f-er in the end!)
keep it if you like it.
Beckieee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ebay?
thegman89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still got a necklace my ***** of an ex got me - just sitting in the bottom of my drawer - not worn it since we split up - kinda wana get rid of it but half of me says keep it as well!
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine had been lurking in my drawer for ages but after 2 years (and completely forgetting it was there!) I've decided to sell it at a car boot sale, if it doesn't sell I'm going to throw it out.

A girl I know still wears hers everyday even though they split up last year?!
live.laugh.love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
seeing as it was a gift, you should keep it imo
mitsabeeba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

7abibti sell it on eBay

an ex of mine gave me a beautiful Cartier bracelet worth hundreds

i kept it for 6 years in a drawer and i damaged it slightly

but i got £170 for it on eBay! i sold it because he wasnt very special to me and we only dated 8 months

my recent ex (who i was with for 5 years and only brokeup with a couple weeks ago) got me many many expensive jewellery as gifts... right now i hate his guts, but i wouldnt sell anything he gave me..

if your ex was special.. do not get rid of the necklace. one day you will feel so placid about this guy, and thankful you kept a little memory of your younger years with him

lol
Archangel's Kiss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's one hell of a necklace.. It's not expensive, it's more of emotional value.. The thing is that, I thought I really liked the guy, and what happened between us isn't something to forget.. I thought he genuinly cared about me (forget loving me, because no guy capable of doing that except the guy I'm with right now..) He gave me that necklace and another.. which I have returned.. But this I can't.. I loved the design and it's incredible how he remembered that I loved it!
Its a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG story him and I.. (I should be writing a book about it!)
I can't give it back and i cant throw it.. Memory i dont knw what to classify it as.. a good a bad one.. i dont knw!

Friends are saying get rid of it.. others are like keep it..

NOTICE THE CONFUSSION! aaaaaaaaaaaa!
snorty_swirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
keep it, then when u hav ur own teenage daughter and you are going through your old jewelry you can both laugh about it. Thats what i would do, my mum had some things from exs. It also means that if it would go perfectly with an outfit a friend it wearing you can loan it out (i hav a few bits my best friends step mum lent me)

And anyway he doenst deserve you giving it back
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I say cast a voodoo spell on it then return it to him.
That_Gyal
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm, i don't know because i got given a necklace and i didn't want it.

But when i tried to return it to him, his words were along the lines of, "throw it in the bin but i don't want it back"

You could always send it via post or something so he doesn't really get the chance to give it back to you
yeahyeahyeahs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if it was a gift, don't return is back.
what is he going to do with the female necklace?!

I kept my necklace but my ex and i didnt break up on bad terms and we still speak to each other. i still wear it every now and again, like i do with my other bracklets from my best friends.

so no need to throw it/break it/ or give it back to him.
but if i hated him, i would probably break it and throw it in the bin lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.04%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.42%
No I don't (550)
48.54%

Watched Threads