Nat259
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What are the next steps for somebody who wants to go into an acting career, but has absolutely no prior experience at all.

For example, didn't do drama GCSE, didn't pick drama a level, no drama school, no experience. How would one go about getting experience and starting an acting career?
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Nat259)
What are the next steps for somebody who wants to go into an acting career, but has absolutely no prior experience at all.

For example, didn't do drama GCSE, didn't pick drama a level, no drama school, no experience. How would one go about getting experience and starting an acting career?
If you go to uni, you could join the drama/theatre society or just join like an improv or drama club near you (I'm sure there'll be a couple if you look it up). It's a lot easier said than done to go into acting since it's not a steady job at all, getting roles of certain parts can be so difficult and demanding.
Anyway, good luck with it, hope it works out
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
National Youth Theatre?
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Get involved in youth theatre. Attend workshops & master classes, read a lot of plays and go to the theatre a lot and apply to drama school.
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Joining a local drama/theatre/ performing arts club or group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (757)
41.94%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads