Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Anyone going to see this once it comes out? Looks really good.

I'm off to see it Friday night after work :woo:
username5106904
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am because they filmed it near where I live.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hetilo)
I am because they filmed it near where I live.
That's cool!
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would really like to see this film.
Has received some really good reviews.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It looks so great
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Definitely
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Glaz)
It looks so great
It certainly does.
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hoping to see this one on the weekend. I love seeing war/action films in cinema, they're meant for the big screen. You don't get quite as immersed watching them at home imo.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
Hoping to see this one on the weekend. I love seeing war/action films in cinema, they're meant for the big screen. You don't get quite as immersed watching them at home imo.
They really are an experience. With Roger Deakins doing the cinematography for this, it no doubt will be. Off to see this tonight after work
Rather excited.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
They really are an experience. With Roger Deakins doing the cinematography for this, it no doubt will be. Off to see this tonight after work
Rather excited.
One of the last war films I saw in cinema (don't count Jojo rabbit in this capacity!) was Dunkirk and that was totally immense. Have you caught any films like this in IMAX before?
Rep:
?
One of the last war films I saw in cinema (don't count Jojo rabbit in this capacity!) was Dunkirk and that was totally immense. Have you caught any films like this in IMAX before?
So I don't do IMAX for various reasons and fortunately my local (50 mile round trip) cinema has a much better than standard cinema setup to enjoy films But yeah.. Dunkirk I think I also saw on a Friday evening. Full of perhaps those born around the time of WW2 and wow. Come the end you're just kind of shocked with a whirlwind of emotions.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
So I don't do IMAX for various reasons and fortunately my local (50 mile round trip) cinema has a much better than standard cinema setup to enjoy films But yeah.. Dunkirk I think I also saw on a Friday evening. Full of perhaps those born around the time of WW2 and wow. Come the end you're just kind of shocked with a whirlwind of emotions.
50 mile round trip to your local cinema, is it even considered local anymore at that distance? I'm lucky in that I live close to a showcase and a cineworld which are 10 minutes in different directions. I just go to whichever one has less seats taken for the showing when I check out booking!
Rep:
?
50 mile round trip to your local cinema, is it even considered local anymore at that distance? I'm lucky in that I live close to a showcase and a cineworld which are 10 minutes in different directions. I just go to whichever one has less seats taken for the showing when I check out booking!
Haha. I take cinema seriously and make the choice to go to this one rather than any of the 4(?) that are closer :lol: Thankfully it's just a sprint down the motorway which really then only takes 20 minutes or so. If not I do have a projector and surround sound at home here for anything I don't catch in the cinema :mmm:

Brother is also an extra in this one so challenge of spotting him in this is on!
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
Haha. I take cinema seriously and make the choice to go to this one rather than any of the 4(?) that are closer :lol: Thankfully it's just a sprint down the motorway which really then only takes 20 minutes or so. If not I do have a projector and surround sound at home here for anything I don't catch in the cinema :mmm:

Brother is also an extra in this one so challenge of spotting him in this is on!
Damn! Home projector/surround sound? Don't think I have anywhere I could set that up in my place so jelly!

I hope you caught him at some point. I just got back from seeing it. Let me know your thoughts!
Rep:
?
Damn! Home projector/surround sound? Don't think I have anywhere I could set that up in my place so jelly!

I hope you caught him at some point. I just got back from seeing it. Let me know your thoughts!
:lol:
One of the perks of living by myself, you make the space suitable for it
Yep. Saw this friday night. I'd go with maybe a 7/10? The way the story was told was superb. Continuous feel following them to the lighting in scenes such as the night flare scene. I just don't however perhaps feel the story was strong enough? idk. Didn't perhaps grip me enough.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
:lol:
One of the perks of living by myself, you make the space suitable for it
Yep. Saw this friday night. I'd go with maybe a 7/10? The way the story was told was superb. Continuous feel following them to the lighting in scenes such as the night flare scene. I just don't however perhaps feel the story was strong enough? idk. Didn't perhaps grip me enough.
Did you end up seeing your brother?

Spoiler:
Show
yeah imo the story was a bit generic and not much meat on the bones with regards to the characters. From a technical standpoint the film was incredibly gripping and the sets were insane.

When the rat hit the tripwire I nearly **** my pants :laugh:
Rep:
?
Did you end up seeing your brother?

Spoiler:
Show
yeah imo the story was a bit generic and not much meat on the bones with regards to the characters. From a technical standpoint the film was incredibly gripping and the sets were insane.

When the rat hit the tripwire I nearly **** my pants :laugh:
We did not sadly! Will have to wait for The King's Man and look for myself

Spoiler:
Show
I think there was a collective jump in the screening of mine at the rat :rofl: I never jump and gosh it actually made me flinch :lol:
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I thought it was brilliant - one of the best films I've seen in years.
MovieCritic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The film is thrilling, moving on effectively from one shocking set piece to another, studding the narrative too with starry cameos.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MovieCritic)
The film is thrilling, moving on effectively from one shocking set piece to another, studding the narrative too with starry cameos.
I actually felt that the cameos were a negative. I was really into the film and then Benedict Cumberbatch suddenly appeared which transported me out of WW1 and back into a cinema in 2020. I would have much preferred if they cast less well known actors for every role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (338)
34.63%
No (638)
65.37%

Watched Threads