Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking about doing a mental health nursing course at UEA next year, but I need to know how many hours a week contact time you get. I'm going to need to work as well, to be able to support myself, as I have no money for uni... and have decided to turn down my offer for Law because of the sheer amount of contact time, leaving no time for work.
    Ideally I need to be able to work quite a lot during the week, and am looking for a course where I don't get too much contact time and lectures, so that I can work a lot too (meaning that I can do most of the work on my own time). I'll be living at home as well, so I'll have to commute.
    Anyone got any ideas of the course I can take? Mental Health Nursing sounds good, but I have a feeling it's not going to be possible, because of unpaid placements etc.
    I've just done Philosophy, Psychology and English lit as A-levels. Can anyone give me any advice on this...? Otherwise it will have to be an open university course!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say this but I don't think you will be able to get into mental nursing course at a uni without any science a levels!

Ive never heard of 'contact time' what is this?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I think you need to email the department at UEA, and im sure its a very high standard department. Best try the admissions tutors about your grades, or even go to an open day to speak to studets who actually study there.

an anyone give me any advice on this...? Otherwise it will have to be an open university course!
    I dont think we have any one on TSR who studies this course, so please dont judge what you think of the course and decide not to apply based upon what is posted here.

Starchild

ReputationRep:
    If you want university courses with few contact time?

English Literature (lots of reading)
    History
    Philiosophy
    Any other arts and humanities degree

Although all will involve some reading, they will involve fewer than 10 hours of contact time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 21, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.