Shy Girl crushing on me? Watch

CelqOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Some help to identify for me will be great. Because if I can identify this then it’s easier to manage and be more careful how I interact with her. See below:

I already got a gf and we’re both in a happy relationship. But I see this girl once a week at a public gathering along with my gf and can’t help but feel this girl might be crushing on me. My gf can sometimes get jealous so I don’t want to upset her too much, while the shy girl is a nice person and I wouldn’t mind to be her friend, just like I did with other people (other girls included) in the gathering.

She is shy, as she never dared to speak to me much directly. She can be chirpy with other people though. Just not with me as I seem to make her anxious somehow. But I always feel like she watches me often when I move around and or talk to other people. Maybe I’m too paranoid, but it’s as though she very often position herself to try to face me from afar, so that she can watch me out of the corner of her eyes. I pretend I dont see her so I can watch her from corner of my eyes lol. When I walk pass her she smiles to me with her eyes like a happy smile rather than a polite smile. Usually I just say quick “hi” and she replies back in kind. However recently after Christmas she initiated a greeting to me when me, her and someone else alone, which I’m a bit surprised by. She also added me on Facebook out of the blue a couple days ago. She knows I’m in a relationship and I doubt that she is the kind to sabotage a relationship just so she can get what she wants. I hate that kind of person anyway.

So yeah what are the odds people? I don’t want to be cold to her as nice people don’t deserve that. And I indeed have the right to be friendly with anyone I want despite in a relationship. I don’t mind a bit of jealousy from my gf but too much is too much and controlling. My gf talk to guys here and there and I don’t mind much, especially if I can tell guys aren’t trying to do anything weird with her.

Is there something I can subtly do to check, given an opportunity to do so maybe?

Thanks in advance
PoppyCain
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would probably just be friendly with her.

If she likes you, there's not much you can do about it, but it might be unfair to ask her outright if she does and instead shes just nervous for another reason.

It sounds like you still want to be friends with her, so I'd just stay down that route. It would be unfair to her to shut her out completely if she is just trying to be friendly, but also unfair to your girlfriend if you try to go overboard to try and figure out if shes crushing on you.

I would ask your girlfriend what she thinks you should do, as maybe she might have more information and useful advice for this situation!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like you could be reading too much into her behaviour and misinterpreting things. If someone interacts with you the least in a group it doesn't usually mean they're too shy to talk to you; it more often means that they either dislike you or just don't feel they know you very well.

There is a chance she's spotted that you watch her out of the corner of your eye and is now watching you to see if you could doing it. She might think that you like her rather than it being the other way around.
CelqOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Sounds like you could be reading too much into her behaviour and misinterpreting things. If someone interacts with you the least in a group it doesn't usually mean they're too shy to talk to you; it more often means that they either dislike you or just don't feel they know you very well.

There is a chance she's spotted that you watch her out of the corner of your eye and is now watching you to see if you could doing it. She might think that you like her rather than it being the other way around.
If she doesn’t like me she wouldn’t have send a Facebook friend request out of the blue. That’s the sign I get that she doesn’t dislike me at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (167)
61.4%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.04%
No- I want it (74)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (20)
7.35%

Watched Threads