Turn on thread page Beta

Please dont un-anon me, my boyfriend uses TSR.

I got a note several weeks ago, and an email telling me my boyfriend cheated on me with his ex, someone called Emma. I got quite upset and threw the note in the bin and email was deleted. Its been upsetting me slowly and more and more it developed. However, i disrigarded it, and i tried to not think about with it. But in one of his dreams, i heard him cry out 'Emma'. Now he says he doesnt remember his dreams (and hes always claimed this), so cant say why he called out his ex's name, but with the note in mind i just assumed it was sexual. Because... to be honest why would you call out an ex's name.

He says he has never cheated on me, and i trust what he says but there is this little gnawing feeling that he may still have feelings for her. I know he says he doesnt, but it feels like he does have some feelings, albeit small and he hasnt discovered how strong they are...

should i trust him again because i feel a bit hurt and i dont know what to do or say, i can barely kiss him because i feel so strange and upset.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Talk to him about it. If you can't trust him, then break up. There is no relationship without trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please dont un-anon me, my boyfriend uses TSR.

I got a note several weeks ago, and an email telling me my boyfriend cheated on me with his ex, someone called Emma. I got quite upset and threw the note in the bin and email was deleted. Its been upsetting me slowly and more and more it developed. However, i disrigarded it, and i tried to not think about with it. But in one of his dreams, i heard him cry out 'Emma'. Now he says he doesnt remember his dreams (and hes always claimed this), so cant say why he called out his ex's name, but with the note in mind i just assumed it was sexual. Because... to be honest why would you call out an ex's name.

He says he has never cheated on me, and i trust what he says but there is this little gnawing feeling that he may still have feelings for her. I know he says he doesnt, but it feels like he does have some feelings, albeit small and he hasnt discovered how strong they are...

should i trust him again because i feel a bit hurt and i dont know what to do or say, i can barely kiss him because i feel so strange and upset.
    Trust him 'again'? You're not sure he's done anything to break the trust yet...

Last week I had a dream about an ex.. an ex I stopped seeing nearly four years ago. Sometimes our subconscious is just plain weird so there's no need to jump to conclusions based on a dream - even if it WAS sexual, he had no control over it.

Basically it comes down to how much you trust your boyfriend, do you trust this note/email person more than him? If so, why? Discuss the note/email with him... don't be accusatory.. just say it's messing with your head..

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should try and talk to him about it and the email.. you need to decide before hand what you'd do if he has or hasn't cheated on you because ultimately it'll be up to you whats done.. if hes denying hes ever cheated on you he probably doesn't want the relationship to end.

plus you need to suss out how reliable this source is.. could be someone who's trying to create controversy, or someone who really cares!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him.
    You can tell a lot by how he reacts from being accused of something.
    But maybe it was just a one off. I say names in my sleep sometimes - once I said my geography teacher's name.
    Wow, that wasn't a nice thing to be told in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    You lost your anon!

ReputationRep:
    And yes you do have to talk to him! Trust is a two way thing and works in all sorts of ways.. you trust him not to cheat but I'm sure he trusts you to tell him if something is wrong

Thanks guys, the advice means a lot. I'll talk to him later

ReputationRep:
    If he's cheated once he'd cheat again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    If he's cheated once he'd cheat again.
    Sometimes I wonder if people actually bother to read the posts rather than just the titles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suek)
    Sometimes I wonder if people actually bother to read the posts rather than just the titles.
    I vaguely read it.. clearly not well enough..

ReputationRep:
    Dreams mean nothing. Talk to him, it sounds like you haven't told him about this email? Either way, just tell him what you're thinking, he's not a mind reader.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.