Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Secondary School Transfers

Hey,

Well yeah. I'm moving in about three weeks and am changing school's. I'm going into Year 10 and am currently in a Grammar school. Would I need to take a test or something to go into another one? OR would Private school's be better?

Thank's.

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    je ne sais pas - i remember when i was going to apply for a grammar school for year 10 coz i moved cities, i had to take the 14yr olds equivalent for the 11+, passed it but they didn't have any spaces so.. i'd imagine it varies place to place though

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, I don't want to take another exam =/.

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on the school really. I remember one if the girls that was new in yr 10 at my school had to do some of our end-of-year exams in yr 9, but I can't remember which ones she did exactly. The other girl that joined my form didn't have to do any exams I don't think, but then she was coming over from the Ukraine so it wouldn't've been convenient. Have you already applied to schools? If you haven't you've left it very late...I'm surprised you don't know by now. if you have applied and haven't heard anything about extra exams then I'd assume that you won't have to do any. Contact the schools and see what they have to say.

ReputationRep:
    Well for a private school you would normally have to do an entrace test and possibly an interview as well. I don't know about going to a Grammar school, but I would suspect you would need to take an exam as well to get in there.

If you are moving in three weeks shoudn't you know what school you are going to and what they require from you?

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing, the schools have closed, and I just found out we're moving a few days ago.

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    Well I would say it's too late to change school then. Noramlly you have to apply a few months ahead, particuallarly in a private school as they may not always have room for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Well I would say it's too late to change school then. Noramlly you have to apply a few months ahead, particuallarly in a private school as they may not always have room for you.
    They can't just say it's too late. If my whole family has to go to a new place because of a job. I can't go unschooled can I. Explain please.

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    No I see your point.

If you transfered to a state school I'm sure you would be able to go in September BUT if you wanted to go to another grmaara or private school then you may not be able to start straight away as the application proccess is normally longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    No I see your point.

If you transfered to a state school I'm sure you would be able to go in September BUT if you wanted to go to another grmaara or private school then you may not be able to start straight away as the application proccess is normally longer.
    I understand. I'd rather stay on my own then go to a state school. Grammar's and private are more mature in my opinon. Keep's out the people who don't want to study.

-Irtiza

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what happened to my spelling in my post above????

I meant grammar!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.