The Student Room Group

A level regrets?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by molerer
how is it

If you've got a high A/A* at GCSE you should be fine. It's definitely a huge jump though.
Original post by molerer
anyone have any regrets when choosing there A level subjects

I relate so hard to this picked the wrong A-levels college and should have done an epq Also anyone who says psychology is easy hasn't taken psychology.
Original post by Unknown2112
I relate so hard to this picked the wrong A-levels college and should have done an epq Also anyone who says psychology is easy hasn't taken psychology.

I’m happy to hear that because I’ve picked geo and it’s such a drag taht I thought I should’ve picked psychology but even if you guys say it’s difficult my close friends get amazing grades in them and say the content can be boring but at least getting marks should be easy😣 I dunno... I still regret picking geo
Original post by ArtmisKco
I’m happy to hear that because I’ve picked geo and it’s such a drag taht I thought I should’ve picked psychology but even if you guys say it’s difficult my close friends get amazing grades in them and say the content can be boring but at least getting marks should be easy😣 I dunno... I still regret picking geo

Coming from experience if you don't like something try to change it. The content for psychology is intesting and their are lots of topic. I am most likely going to apply for it in a few days for uni weather I stick to it is a diffrent matter 😂 Psychology is counted as a science on the same level as biology, chemistry and physics at university so it is very highly regarded compared to other social sciences. I don't believe in regret you wouldn't have known without the experience that you don't like the course just ensure your happy with what you do next
Original post by Unknown2112
Coming from experience if you don't like something try to change it. The content for psychology is intesting and their are lots of topic. I am most likely going to apply for it in a few days for uni weather I stick to it is a diffrent matter 😂 Psychology is counted as a science on the same level as biology, chemistry and physics at university so it is very highly regarded compared to other social sciences. I don't believe in regret you wouldn't have known without the experience that you don't like the course just ensure your happy with what you do next

I would love to re start year 12😃 and not pick geography but 5 months in with mocks on the way ouch🙃 at least psychology is interesting
Chemistry can DIE :angry::banghead:
Original post by molerer
anyone do maths?

I'm good at maths so maybe I'm biased. But I really enjoy A-level maths.
Original post by 1st superstar
yes #screwphysics

same here- my quality of life has critically damped since the start of year 13
Chemistry is gonna be the death of me
So easy but so hard at the same time
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Cat2908
Not really. I'm struggling just to get a pass while in my other subject (btec business) I've been getting distinctions for most of it

Facepalm btec business or business studies in general is an "easy" a-level in comparison to other a-levels (cough cough, economics, physics, maths, chemistry, bio, languages, RS, CS etc). That's why you find it easier than physcology... No hate but yeah WE SHALL CRY TOGETHER
Original post by biologygirll27
no, personally I found psychology really hard. I don't believe any A-level is easy. My obvious regret was choosing to study it lol.

Was it interesting but the questions were too hard?
Chemistry is an absolute nightmare!!!
Original post by molerer
anyone do maths?

Yes, and I love it, but it's not for everyone :-)
Original post by molerer
because its to easy?

I don’t think this is true because there’s a lot of content to learn and you have to be really good at memorisation. On top of that essay evaluations are so hard to get right.😫
Original post by The-judge-16
Chemistry is an absolute nightmare!!!

👏🏽👏🏽

Quick Reply

Latest