Turn on thread page Beta

The right amount of sleep for you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i dont really have a set sleep time. i just go to sleep when im tired, and wake up whenever im woken up. prob not good for you, but i like it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I usually get around 8 hours a night these days (goto bed at 11pm, wakeup at 7am) and I am not usually with it until about dinnertime at 1pm, still I get by.
    Last night I went to bed about 11pm and woke up at 10am and I feel fantastic today (if it were not for my awful cold - praps the reason I slept so well )
    In an ideal world I could do with around 10 hours sleep a night I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    YES! I'm absolutely fine with 4 hours per night, always 3am til 7am, and I'm absolutely fine every day, no tiredness or anything.
    Yes me toooooo!

ReputationRep:
    10 hours.... but I need it from like 1am-11am

ReputationRep:
    I probably need about nine or ten hours. Rarely get it though!

ReputationRep:
    It used to be about 6 hours, now in my old age, it's more like 8. God I wish I could survive on 4, the extra 4 hours could be spent here :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    I really dislike sleep though. Can't stand it.
    Fortunately, you're not really conscious when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    I've often survived perfectly well on 3 or 4 hours sleep, a la Maggie Thatcher (allegedly)

But one thing I would certainly not advise is just not going to sleep at all. I lost all sense of time, what day it was, and walked around like a zombie for a hideous amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    6-7 hours.

ReputationRep:
    If I go to bed at 11pm and get up at 6 I'm always good to go. Any variation from that just messes me up (which seems to be happening a lot recently...)

ReputationRep:
    This makes me realise I really have to get my sleeping pattern sorted for the start of term. I think going to bed at a reasonable time like half ten which is lights out at our school is good and waking around half seven. I always have work to do though so I break the rules a lot. I don't think I will figure it out properly till I have graduated and been in my career for about 2 years lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Fortunately, you're not really conscious when it happens.
    Okay fine, I'll rephrase that, "I dislike the fact I'm lying down for 7 hours when I could be on my PC" ;D

ReputationRep:
    sleep is such a waste of time but it is needed, unfortunately.....

ReputationRep:
    i usually get 6-7 hours when i'm working (11pm-5.30/6am), though i can survive perfectly fine, if a bit croaky voiced, on 3-4 hours, if i've been out the night before.
    One thing i can't cope with though is staying awake unil like, 8am. Did that once (stocktake at work) woke up thinking it was about 11, 12 midday, and it was half 5 WASTE!

ReputationRep:
    I need about 10 to be at my best. I usually get 4-6 when at Uni and 10-12 when on hols.

ReputationRep:
    When I've been out on a big night I need 3 hours 45 mins to be able to get through the day without noding off. It is exact, yes, but also well researched!!
    But I like to have 7 hours a night.
    I dislike the little amount you get done when you sleep

ReputationRep:
    I sleep 8 hours at night and then about 1-2 hours in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    Usually 11pm - 7am, but I've been known to work on 3am - 6am during periods of busy schoolwork schedules, deadlines and exam stress, but I usually feel crap by the end of the week if I've worked that long!

ReputationRep:
    Depends - normally have about 8 but in my hols nearer 10

ReputationRep:
    Im good to go on 4.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.