Issued a parking fine BUT THERE WAS NO SIGN NOT TO PARK

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
So I was issued a parking fine but I believe it was wrongly issued. It was near a health centre, the road I parked on had no lines on the floor, it had no signs at all telling me not to parking there. There was nothing to suggest I couldnt, especially as I saw loads of other people park up and they had no special permits or anything.

I was always under the impression that if a road doesnt have a parking sign then you could park there, ofc with common sense making sure your not blocking anything or anyone- but I wasnt!

I will appeal it but do I appear to be in the wrong? Was I wrong to assume no parking sign means you are okay to park on the side of the road??
Don L Gates
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There has to some kind of road marking or sign, either prohibiting parking or limiting the amount of time you can wait there. I would advise you to go back and double check. Often these days when wardens hand out tickets, they take photos as evidence of the infringement. Ask to see this evidence.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Don L Gates)
There has to some kind of road marking or sign, either prohibiting parking or limiting the amount of time you can wait there. I would advise you to go back and double check. Often these days when wardens hand out tickets, they take photos as evidence of the infringement. Ask to see this evidence.
I will, I walked down the whole road there wasnt anything to suggest i couldnt park, I even took pictures of exactly where my car was immediatly after I found the ticket and the road

Thanks
TheMcSame
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There was most likely a sign like this (or one with a cross) somewhere down the road:

One in the wild that covers both a health care centre and a hospital. Note that the double yellow lines stop.

The first sign means no waiting. The ones with the cross pictured 'in the wild' mean no stopping.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheMcSame)
There was most likely a sign like this (or one with a cross) somewhere down the road:

One in the wild that covers both a health care centre and a hospital. Note that the double yellow lines stop.

The first sign means no waiting. The ones with the cross pictured 'in the wild' mean no stopping.
hey, there wasnt this sign or anything similar to it!xx
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
So I was issued a parking fine but I believe it was wrongly issued. It was near a health centre, the road I parked on had no lines on the floor, it had no signs at all telling me not to parking there. There was nothing to suggest I couldnt, especially as I saw loads of other people park up and they had no special permits or anything.

I was always under the impression that if a road doesnt have a parking sign then you could park there, ofc with common sense making sure your not blocking anything or anyone- but I wasnt!

I will appeal it but do I appear to be in the wrong? Was I wrong to assume no parking sign means you are okay to park on the side of the road??
What does the parking fine say you contravened?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads