Grace_W
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My investigation is vitamin c content in different fruit juices. I am doing this by titrations it against iodine solution. I did my underlying chemistry but my teacher said it was irrelevant and rubbish so I don’t know what to include. Any ideas of what I need to include as it needs to be at advanced higher level. Thank you
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Grace_W)
My investigation is vitamin c content in different fruit juices. I am doing this by titrations it against iodine solution. I did my underlying chemistry but my teacher said it was irrelevant and rubbish so I don’t know what to include. Any ideas of what I need to include as it needs to be at advanced higher level. Thank you
Moved to the Scottish qualifications forum- hopefully there will be someone here who did vit c and can let you know what types of things they included As a general point, you can still include all of the Nat 5/higher knowledge you have, you'll just need to go beyond that do it's at AH level.
Grace_W
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Moved to the Scottish qualifications forum- hopefully there will be someone here who did vit c and can let you know what types of things they included As a general point, you can still include all of the Nat 5/higher knowledge you have, you'll just need to go beyond that do it's at AH level.
Thank you 😊 x
username4389256
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I suppose you need to explain the chemistry behind your experiment and what is happening and why. Then you could go on and talk about properties, extra stuff that you find in online research papers. Your underlying chemistry is basically there for you to explain the chemistry behind it so SQA can see that you understand what is happening and why.

Haven’t started my project yet so I don’t really know what to do for underlying chemistry just yet.

Hope this helps
Grace_W
Rep:
?
(Original post by katherine340)
I suppose you need to explain the chemistry behind your experiment and what is happening and why. Then you could go on and talk about properties, extra stuff that you find in online research papers. Your underlying chemistry is basically there for you to explain the chemistry behind it so SQA can see that you understand what is happening and why.

Haven’t started my project yet so I don’t really know what to do for underlying chemistry just yet.

Hope this helps
Yeah well that’s what I did but my teacher said it wasn’t at advanced higher level so I am not sure what to write about since you do like vitamin C in national 5. But good luck with your project x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (9)
9.89%
They've been reasonable (33)
36.26%
Not feeling great... (26)
28.57%
They are TERRIBLE! (23)