Victoriacable1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi there, does anyone know where students can get parking for the year?

I know you can’t get it on campus but I was wondering if there are any local independent parking garages?

Thanks.
_lucie_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I believe it's only the main campus University Park that doesn't allow parking. I think Jubilee Campus has parking areas. I don't usually go to jubilee so I can't guarantee, but I know there's a bus that runs between the two that's free (for students) so you can still travel to UP from there.
Hope this helped.
Victoriacable1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by _lucie_)
I believe it's only the main campus University Park that doesn't allow parking. I think Jubilee Campus has parking areas. I don't usually go to jubilee so I can't guarantee, but I know there's a bus that runs between the two that's free (for students) so you can still travel to UP from there.
Hope this helped.
Thank you!
Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The parking arrangements are the same at UP and Jubilee campus. You need a permit to park - students can buy them but only in certain circumstances. Otherwise you have to pay to park in the pay and display car park (expensive!) However the regs only apply between 9am and 4:30pm (double check on the time, but it’s something like that) so you can park on campus overnight you want to, as long park you in proper parking bays and move your car out in time in the morning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (71)
27.41%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.73%

Watched Threads