The Student Room Group

College

hi.does anyone know in which case I should attend college?? I overseas student.
Original post by Rubybenz
hi.does anyone know in which case I should attend college?? I overseas student.

Are you 16? That is the age that you attend college in the UK. You will do 3 (maybe 4) A-levels/ BTECs for 2 years. After which you will leave and get a job or go to uni or whatever else you want to do.
If you asking for sixth form vs colleges then sixth forms are generally more academic and tend to offer mainly A-levels while colleges are often more vocational and tend to offer more BTECs (vocational courses) than sixth forms.

Colleges also tend to only have students 16-19, while sixth forms may be part of a secondary school (11-16)
Reply 2
Original post by _Mia101
Are you 16? That is the age that you attend college in the UK. You will do 3 (maybe 4) A-levels/ BTECs for 2 years. After which you will leave and get a job or go to uni or whatever else you want to do.
If you asking for sixth form vs colleges then sixth forms are generally more academic and tend to offer mainly A-levels while colleges are often more vocational and tend to offer more BTECs (vocational courses) than sixth forms.

Colleges also tend to only have students 16-19, while sixth forms may be part of a secondary school (11-16)

Thanks
I've heard you should attend a one-year college to qualify your own educational document as a foreign student to enter uni in Uk .otherwise they won't let you
Original post by Rubybenz
Thanks
I've heard you should attend a one-year college to qualify your own educational document as a foreign student to enter uni in Uk .otherwise they won't let you

I've never heard that. And regarding unis not letting you in, I highly doubt that as I think all unis have foreign students. Some have more/ equal foreign students to home students - like LSE I believe.

Anywah again, it depends on how old you are regarding whether you should attend college. Do you do IGCSEs where you live or something similar? Are you 16 - that is the age most people start their A-levels?
Also, you'd need to apply soon as many deadlies for college applications are approaching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending