The Student Room Group

I want 8s and 9s

I am only beginning my revision for eng lit and i have 18 poems to do plus some videos to do in maths and i havent even written up my notes for history. At this point, i think im screwed... is too late to get 8s and 9s in my gcse?

Scroll to see replies

Kind of but it depends on your determination I got a 5 for revising for a couple of weeks and I’m a mediocre student.
Reply 2
Mate you’re stressing too much. You have so many months before your GCSEs. I was getting 6s in my subjects and was forecast 6s and 7s max and I ended up getting nearly all 8s and 9s.
Stick with it, work hard and while studying out your phone away so you don’t get distracted.
There’s no excuses to not work hard if you have the time even if you think you’re not capable.
Original post by kIrTaP
Mate you’re stressing too much. You have so many months before your GCSEs. I was getting 6s in my subjects and was forecast 6s and 7s max and I ended up getting nearly all 8s and 9s.
Stick with it, work hard and while studying out your phone away so you don’t get distracted.
There’s no excuses to not work hard if you have the time even if you think you’re not capable.

I know... i have like 12 themes to do in a christmas carol and there is so much content in history. At this point, i dont think im gonna pass... i really want 8s and 9s. Also, what did you get in each subject in your gcse and what exam board did you do for eng lit and do you have any revision notes on the merchant of venice and a christmas carol, specifically the themes?
who doesn’t 🥺
sorry, that was my initial response to your title, lmao

anyways, sure, it’s possible, if you put the effort it. you gotta put the effort in to see the results. it’s not too late to start, & if you’re feeling guilt about that, it’s better to start now rather than the night before 🤷🏻*♀️
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
I am only beginning my revision for eng lit and i have 18 poems to do plus some videos to do in maths and i havent even written up my notes for history. At this point, i think im screwed... is too late to get 8s and 9s in my gcse?

It isn’t too late, but it won’t be easy. You should have started revising a bit earlier ideally. However, if you work productively and are naturally quite bright and pick things up quickly, if you work hard these next 5 months and remain focused you have every chance of success. Good luck!
Reply 6
I know... i have like 12 themes to do in a christmas carol and there is so much content in history. At this point, i dont think im gonna pass... i really want 8s and 9s. Also, what did you get in each subject in your gcse and what exam board did you do for eng lit and do you have any revision notes on the merchant of venice and a christmas carol, specifically the themes?

Me telling you which grades I got in which subjects won’t motivate you I don’t think!

I did Christmas Carol and will have loads of notes on it but I don’t know where they are so I’m very sorry.

Just get your head down, don’t be asking on TSR whether you’re good enough because that isn’t gonna help you get a better grade. They’re only mocks as well and you’ve got ages before real exams
Original post by Mona123456
It isn’t too late, but it won’t be easy. You should have started revising a bit earlier ideally. However, if you work productively and are naturally quite bright and pick things up quickly, if you work hard these next 5 months and remain focused you have every chance of success. Good luck!

sigh. I should have...
what did you get in each subjects in your gcse? any more tips as well?
Original post by kIrTaP
Me telling you which grades I got in which subjects won’t motivate you I don’t think!

I did Christmas Carol and will have loads of notes on it but I don’t know where they are so I’m very sorry.

Just get your head down, don’t be asking on TSR whether you’re good enough because that isn’t gonna help you get a better grade. They’re only mocks as well and you’ve got ages before real exams

I just dont think im capable of getting those grades...
sigh. I should have...

Honestly, you have plenty of time and its only January. Start revising now but don't worry there's no need to go overboard :smile:
I just dont think im capable of getting those grades...

You're capable, im capable - we've got this dw!!!
Original post by Hazelly
Honestly, you have plenty of time and its only January. Start revising now but don't worry there's no need to go overboard :smile:

I know...but i feel like i need to be smart to earn these grades
sigh. I should have...

I got 10A*s. What specific tips do you want - is there a certain subject you want advice on?
I know...but i feel like i need to be smart to earn these grades

And why can't you be 'smart'?
Original post by Hazelly
And why can't you be 'smart'?

what do you mean?
I got 10A*s. What specific tips do you want - is there a certain subject you want advice on?

I'll happily take tips for English lit and lang they're my weakest by farrrr
Thanks

Maths, eng lang and eng lit

dont stress ... relax.. first of all come up with a study plan .if you do things haphazardly you wont understand anything. make goals and everything will be fine. i got an A* in english first language and an A in english lit. i can give you some pointers. as for math make sure you understand the formulas and how to adapt them to a question. go through past papers ,examiners responses and marking keys... they help alot. i only started studying seriousfor my finals after my mocks .. so i had like 2months and i felt the stress but i came up with a plan on what to cover per day . i looked at the syllabus and went through all the topics and checked off every topic i completed . remember going though the work you do well in for a long period of time wont help. manage you time . go through the difficult topics first. if ur foundation is strong you can handle the work. dont worry its never too late. you have the determination and drive to do well .im sure you will be able to get ur aspired results. find out ,do u work well during the day or night? for how long can you focus? and which topic do u find difficult amongst the ones you need to cover?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by suraya elyas
dont stress ... relax.. first of all come up with a study plan .if you do things haphazardly you wont understand anything. make goals and everything will be fine. i got an A* in english first language and an A in english lit. i can give you some pointers. as for math make sure you understand the formulas and how to adapt them to a question. go through past papers ,examiners responses and marking keys... they help alot. i only started studying seriousfor my finals after my mocks .. so i had like 3 months and i felt the stress but i came up with a plan on what to cover per day . i looked at the syllabus and went through all the topics and checked off every topic i completed . remember going thought the work you do well in for a long period of time wont halp. manage you time . go through the difficult topics. if ur foundation is strong you can handle the work. dont worry its never too late. you have the determination and drive to do well .im sure you will be able to get ur aspired results. find out do u work well during the day or night? for how long can you focus? and which topic do u find difficult amongst the ones you need to cover?

Wow amazing. I’m struggling please help for English Lang and maths and science. And how do u make a plan?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Notprepared
Wow amazing. I’m struggling please help

what subject do u need tips with ???

Quick Reply

Latest