When Harry pushed off with his Sally Watch

Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hal 'n Megs are sloping off to the States.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51040751

Apparently they are going to 'work towards being financially independent', whatever that means. :rolleyes: Presumably it means that whilst she's waiting for her next film part, they will do regular appearances for Hello. Nice. :teehee:

Do we care about this? On the one hand, it seemed inevitable almost from the day they married that they would one day want to allow Meghan to work. There's a modern feminist angle to this - as a royal, Meghan is expected to swan around opening things and be charming. As an experienced woman who has been high in her chosen profession before marriage, she expects to continue working.

A bigger question is what will Harry do now? Can he cope with not being under the full protection of the House of Windsor? Will there still be a huge taxpayer bill every year for protecting him in the US?
Last edited by Fullofsurprises; 1 month ago
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why anyone sane would want to remain a royal and be under that much scrutiny and press intrusion is beyond me. I'm surprised that they didn't do it sooner.
yeyeyeye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite honestly im concerned for Harry he's a good gezzer but the whole situation is ROYALLY ****ed for the both of them if you read between the lines
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
Why anyone sane would want to remain a royal and be under that much scrutiny and press intrusion is beyond me. I'm surprised that they didn't do it sooner.
I know what you mean, but I feel that Meghan entered into this with her eyes open and I feel a bit slightly cheated by their decision. For one thing, they have already incurred huge taxpayer expense.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can you blame them? the amount of hate they get for no reason is insane. they seem so nice.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I know what you mean, but I feel that Meghan entered into this with her eyes open and I feel a bit slightly cheated by their decision. For one thing, they have already incurred huge taxpayer expense.
Personally I don't give a poop about the 10p that Meghan/Harry cost me last year. I dropped 10p down the back of the sofa the other day and I can't be bothered to look for it.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
Personally I don't give a poop about the 10p that Meghan/Harry cost me last year. I dropped 10p down the back of the sofa the other day and I can't be bothered to look for it.
That 10p could probably have put 10,000 more police on the streets. I checked with Diane Abbott.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That 10p could probably have put 10,000 more police on the streets. I checked with Diane Abbott.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...1F8921A8550F6/
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51040751

Apparently they are going to 'work towards being financially independent', whatever that means. :rolleyes: Presumably it means that whilst she's waiting for her next film part, they will do regular appearances for Hello. Nice. :teehee:

Do we care about this? On the one hand, it seemed inevitable almost from the day they married that they would one day want to allow Meghan to work. There's a modern feminist angle to this - as a royal, Meghan is expected to swan around opening things and be charming. As an experienced woman who has been high in her chosen profession before marriage, she expects to continue working.

A bigger question is what will Harry do now? Can he cope with not being under the full protection of the House of Windsor? Will there still be a huge taxpayer bill every year for protecting him in the US?
Thank goodness, they can stop wasting the taxpayers money on six week ‘recovery breaks’
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they're orf!
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NJA)
they're orf!
We should all go and give them a big farewell ‘thank goodness your going! You tried and failed to be ‘woke!’
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

ic18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see what you mean about the money, but she didn't have her eyes open. The tabloids aren't as brutal in the US as they are here
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Glad to see them go... liked them both before but they've slipped out of my 'royals I like' bracket and ended up in the irritants section with Prince Edward, Andrew + family and Speedy McHorsey.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Surprise it took this long, wish them the best

The tabloids and their gammons literally make their living dishing out hate on her for literally everything, like the media hounded Diana, she will be proud of them taking a stand against the crones in the palace and the media.

Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 1 month ago
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd have absolutely done the same thing. Being a non-heir royal sounds like a right pain.

(Original post by yeyeyeye)
Quite honestly im concerned for Harry he's a good gezzer but the whole situation is ROYALLY ****ed for the both of them if you read between the lines
You mean if you construct a mountain of conjecture.
yeyeyeye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
I'd have absolutely done the same thing. Being a non-heir royal sounds like a right pain.

You mean if you construct a mountain of conjecture.
Aight imma be real i have zero ****in clue what this thread about i was just chattin wass, but yes if i construct a mountain of conjecture theyre ****ed
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
can you blame them? the amount of hate they get for no reason is insane. they seem so nice.
But the resident perv, Uncle Andrew doesn't even steal the spotlight from her in the eyes of gammons, and I think we know why... race.
z-hog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's Canada, the BBC are vague enough about it by referring to North America but i source them elsewhere. He said once that the best time of his life was in the Army, where he felt among equals and the setting where he could be a bit more of himself than anywhere else. How that will match against his new life as an enlightened yoke is in the lap of the Gods and we all wish him well.

It should work out fine for her, she put herself up for it unlike Harry. There was an article recently with someone who (allegedly) knew her when she came over, apparently she had an eye on Ashley Cole for a while but decided to look elsewhere for reasons unknown and of no interest to anybody anyway. She is more likely to fit the new life for the two of them, his net worth will always be his royal status and he'll have to sell it for cash forever.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
But the resident perv, Uncle Andrew doesn't even steal the spotlight from her in the eyes of gammons, and I think we know why... race.
don't even get me started on that vile piece of ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (44)
32.84%
No (68)
50.75%
Don't know (22)
16.42%

Watched Threads