FRU time commitment Watch

Evil_Genius
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I presume that's advice coming from personal experience rather than being pulled out of a dark, dark place?
FMQ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes.
Suze1984
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys,

Sorry to change the subject slightly,

Was just wondering if anyone had done the fru test and passed it?

I sat it on Sunday and fear I may have failed it due to fluffing a couple of questions and also maybe not answering in the right style (i'm new to studying law and haven't sat an exam in years so i'm a bit rusty!).

Do you know if the marking is quite flexible in the sense that half/portion marks are given for the questions, or is it a harsher right or wrong approach to each question?

Cheers

Suze
FMQ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I sat it with 3 or 4 others from my school and they all failed. Its a bizarre exam and they a) don't really say what they want. b) they won't give you any "examples" before or feedback after.

I thought I had failed too though and I didn't. So don't worry about it till you hear.

If you have failed you can resit. My friends all passed the resit.
lawjunkie
Report 10 years ago
I did the Social Security test yesterday - and it was pretty tricky. I wish I hadn't followed the advice given at the training day, since I spent too long reading and ran out of time.

Insofar as the advice of a (probably) failed participant is helpful, I would advise anyone sitting the test to:

a> read the relevant sections of the main statutes beforehand (these are long, so stick to the relevant sections only): though, it is tricky to really prepare for this test.

b> take a highlighter and spread yourself around a bit, because it's impossible to keep track of all your thoughts when you have a stapled handout, little space, and a single black ink pen (doh!)

c> read through the statutes with the questions in mind only, and then start planning or writing straight away. Any time given over to let it sink in or analyse it is wasted, in my opinion, since the test is on statutory interpretation. If it requires 'analysis', this depends strictly on whether you can understand the statute rather than an innate ability to think analytically per se.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (119)
41.75%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (89)
31.23%
I don't have an opinion (77)
27.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed