gthemursh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I just got a conditional from UCL to study Information Management for Business. I haven’t been able to know more about the degree so wanted to know if anyone has studied/is studying this degree currently in UCL and how different is it from an ITMB degree? Thanks
cher777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
what were your stats?
Shinji1025
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello, I also applied to this course in December, and still anxiously waiting for response. May I ask you when you submitted your application? I suppose this course contains more of the business contents, unlike the ITMB course.
gthemursh
Rep:
?
(Original post by cher777)
what were your stats?
Do you mean my predicted/required grades?
gthemursh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shinji1025)
Hello, I also applied to this course in December, and still anxiously waiting for response. May I ask you when you submitted your application? I suppose this course contains more of the business contents, unlike the ITMB course.
I applied in the first week of December. Don’t overthink about your application! Many of my friends applied before me and haven’t heard from the unis yet, hope you get an offer, stay positive!
Shinji1025
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gthemursh)
I applied in the first week of December. Don’t overthink about your application! Many of my friends applied before me and haven’t heard from the unis yet, hope you get an offer, stay positive!
Thank you for such a quick response! I applied in the second week of December, so hoping offer is coming soon. I hope I can see you on the course next year!!
bteckiddo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you mean my predicted/required grades?
What was your predicted grades and also your gcse grades that u have
gthemursh
Rep:
?
(Original post by bteckiddo)
What was your predicted grades and also your gcse grades that u have
I believe AAA is the predicted grade requirement and that’s what they need in my conditional as well.
I gave an international GCSE equivalent so I got a minimun of 89% and maximum 96% marks in those with an overall 92%
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I just got a conditional from UCL to study Information Management for Business. I haven’t been able to know more about the degree so wanted to know if anyone has studied/is studying this degree currently in UCL and how different is it from an ITMB degree? Thanks
It doesnt differ from ITMB. In fact, its called IMB purely because Comp Sci Department doesnt like us to have the word 'Technology', so we dropped it.
I study in the course, and thats literally what the programme director said.
Stud&stud
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It doesnt differ from ITMB. In fact, its called IMB purely because Comp Sci Department doesnt like us to have the word 'Technology', so we dropped it.
I study in the course, and thats literally what the programme director said.
Are there events organized between UCL & Industry? How often? Which are those Companies?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stud&stud)
Are there events organized between UCL & Industry? How often? Which are those Companies?
There are, some done exclusively for School of Management, others could be anything from a speaker event, to careers fair, or even firm visits advertised by clubs and societies.
In a nutshell, plenty.

In terms of industry, really depends on which one you go to...
Stud&stud
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There are, some done exclusively for School of Management, others could be anything from a speaker event, to careers fair, or even firm visits advertised by clubs and societies.
In a nutshell, plenty.

In terms of industry, really depends on which one you go to...
Thanks for the quick answer!!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
IMB is trash.
The name for the degree is long, why not just shorten it to something like IT for Business? The career building events are useless because they just give us info on how to build a good CV to get a job (which we already know of). More than 50% of the international students somehow made it through admissions wish mediocre skills in written & spoken English. Most of the content taught can be learnt for free.

Honestly, if you're thinking of getting a degree in business & IT go to another uni. Most people apply to this course because of the ranking. Most people at this uni are just snakes.

If you want to go into investment banking and stuff like that then maybe the degree is for you. I personally feel that they should remove this course.

During your first week, you'll go on a treasure hunt around UCL, a cruise ship and have a ball party. From then on, complete chaos.

Programming will probably kick you in the ass. If I were you, learn some HTML+XML+JavaScript.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Regarding the part to do with investment banking: no, only a rather limited number of people end up in a bank, let alone investment banking, coming out of IMB.

The degree is indeed as you described, quite a disgrace in some regards. But things are improving. The programme director himself is a nice bloke and is leading changes. There has also been a proposed degree name change, although this won't be something in the short term.

I think a key here is to understand what the degree is good for, and try to manage people's expectations. People who want a career in MBB, investment banking work hard and start EARLY. By early i mean, before university event started, having done some kind of relevant experience or some sort of insight days. I cannot rule out they have their own connections, but know your stuff early on is important. It comes down to your own endeavour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (190)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (120)
9.81%
Isolating with family (85)
6.95%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.84%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (106)
8.67%
Loneliness (118)
9.65%
Financial worries (52)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
8.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.28%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (107)
8.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed