Engstudent8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there!

I’ve been searching the student room threads constantly for one about PGCE applications for these Universities and have been unable to find one, so I thought I’d create my own!

Has anyone else applied to Queen’s and Ulster for PGCE in 2020?
Alexandrapower
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya

I just got into Ulster to do pgce primary. Trying to find some other people!
Acc88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have applied for the Queens University PGCE, although I am still waiting to hear back after the interview!
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
What subject area did you apply to?

(Original post by Acc88)
I have applied for the Queens University PGCE, although I am still waiting to hear back after the interview!
What subject did you apply to?
Sianmmorgan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Acc88)
Same here! Hope we find out soon!
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sianmmorgan)
Same here! Hope we find out soon!
Is it just Queen’s you’ve applied to? ☺️
Sianmmorgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Engstudent8)
Is it just Queen’s you’ve applied to? ☺️
Yes! They’re the only uni that offers PGCE in modern languages in Belfast. What did you apply for? 😊
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
Yes! They’re the only uni that offers PGCE in modern languages in Belfast. What did you apply for? 😊
Oh very good! I have applied for English 😄 I have an interview for Coleraine coming up in just over a week so I am very nervous for it 😬😬
Sianmmorgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Engstudent8)
Oh very good! I have applied for English 😄 I have an interview for Coleraine coming up in just over a week so I am very nervous for it 😬😬
That’s great! I’m sure you’ll be fine! Hope it goes well for you!
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
That’s great! I’m sure you’ll be fine! Hope it goes well for you!
Thank you very much! Hopefully you get a positive response from Queen’s, best of luck!!
lexi93x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Acc88)
I had my science PGCE interview last Wednesday, any ideas when we should hear back?
Private, I
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for the English PGCE. Honestly a bit of a roller-coaster! I got rejected because my undergraduate degree wasn't at least 50% English related. This was news to me. After a few emails it emerged that the issue was my Erasmus semester abroad, and a few screenshots of the course catalogue convinced them that I was a viable applicant. Will be getting interviewed in late May / early June.This seems late considering everyone's comments here, but ah well. Just pleased to have secured an interview at this point.
red891
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had my science interview in January and I was told we would hear around Easter time
DBennett88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone who applied to Coleraine for the PGCE heard anything yet?
JMMM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I got a response from coleraine earlier today for the PGCE
DBennett88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JMMM)
Yeah I got a response from coleraine earlier today for the PGCE
Was it an acceptance?
JMMM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was an acceptance of my place for the course but last year things were actually different judging by the forums I read on this website from previous years. Referees were contacted around Good Friday and I didn’t expect anything this early. And on April fools day too, maybe there actually pulling a prank with these responses today haha. Hope you get a response too and all is well x.
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMMM)
It was an acceptance of my place for the course but last year things were actually different judging by the forums I read on this website from previous years. Referees were contacted around Good Friday and I didn’t expect anything this early. And on April fools day too, maybe there actually pulling a prank with these responses today haha. Hope you get a response too and all is well x.
What subject was this for? 🙂
JMMM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was the English PGCE in coleraine
Engstudent8
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMMM)
It was the English PGCE in coleraine
Congratulations!! You must be over the moon! Did you apply to Queen’s or only Coleraine? I have been put on the waitlist, trying not to lose all hope ☹️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (5)
16.67%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (18)
60%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (5)
16.67%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
3.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
3.33%

Watched Threads