Looking for some info on RAF Regiment Gunners.

Watch
Ethan817
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of joining the RAF Regiment gunners and I have a couple of questions.

1) I've been trying to find out how often RAF gunners go over seas and where abouts they're based, but haven't been able to find much.

2) Do RAF gunners see much action?

Thank you for any answers guys

EDIT

I've just checked the health requirements on the RAF page and according to my BMI results, it says I am underweight. I eat pretty much all the time and I am physically fit and I haven't got an eating disorder or anything like that, I bloody love food but I have just never been able to put weight on, same as my dad until he was like 30-35. Could this be an issue?
Last edited by Ethan817; 1 year ago
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ethan817)
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of joining the RAF Regiment gunners and I have a couple of questions.

1) I've been trying to find out how often RAF gunners go over seas and where abouts they're based, but haven't been able to find much.

2) Do RAF gunners see much action?

Thank you for any answers guys

EDIT

I've just checked the health requirements on the RAF page and according to my BMI results, it says I am underweight. I eat pretty much all the time and I am physically fit and I haven't got an eating disorder or anything like that, I bloody love food but I have just never been able to put weight on, same as my dad until he was like 30-35. Could this be an issue?
Hi

Overseas exercises and operational deployments vary, it can depend on which Sqn you're currently posted to etc. If you're on a field sqn then you're likely to get quite a few exercises doing various different elements.

As with any role in the RAF you could be based anywhere the RAF requires you to be, your first posting out of Honington could be at Honington or on any other RAF station in the UK or elsewhere.

What do you class as 'action'?

With regards to your BMI, it will be looked at during your medical, that's why it's part of the process, to make sure you're physically fit and healthy enough to do the role you've applied for. If you're training and ready for the PGSC then you're not likely to have any issues, but it will be the medical team that will make that decision.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
JohnnyAds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If by "action" you mean being involved in kinetic contacts, yes it happened. Gunners died, like alot of other teeth arm branches.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (439)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (342)
43.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed